Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I posted on an old thread but figured I would ask in a new one as well. Do you find the 2.4l to idle rather loud and with some vibration felt relative to other cars? My 1.4l doesn't idle loud at all, and only has some vibration when cold, but this one was at operating temps and whenever idling while braked or in park, was quite loud. Sounds a bit like a tractor, not in a bad way, and the engine sounded healthy, but I hadn't expected quite the level of noise and vibration. Wondering if the dealership was covering up a potential engine code due to something or if it would be normal for a 70K mile 2.4l Renegade.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Shortly after I bought my Renegade, brought it in for shuddering when stopped. Shakes way more than it should. Of course, the dealership said they couldn't replicate the issue. 12,000 miles later, the shuddering is still there. Brought it to another dealer; of course, they said they couldn't replicate the issue.

I know some people have mentioned faulty engine mounts; you might want to check those and the transmission mounts.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It was hard to tell if it seemed like a mechanical issue or if it just idles rougher than I'm used to. I was just curious if, in general, the 2.4l feels like that on idle.

·
Registered
304 Posts
It is amazing how many technicians FCA has that are visually and hearing impaired. ;)
I have never had that problem. I have always duplicated a problem right there in front of a dealership official. That being said, if I can't duplicate it, maybe they can't either? ;)

·
Registered
2 Posts
My Renegade constantly shakes when stopped in drive, like at a red light for example. It feels like it’s about to die but keeps trucking so far. I’ve also noticed when I come to stop my transmission grinds into first gear. The dealership has told me all of this is normal for this Jeep model. 🙄

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
My Renegade constantly shakes when stopped in drive, like at a red light for example. It feels like it’s about to die but keeps trucking so far. I’ve also noticed when I come to stop my transmission grinds into first gear. The dealership has told me all of this is normal for this Jeep model. 🙄
This certainly sounds frustrating! If you plan to return to the dealership or try for a second opinion at a different one, we're happy to help. Send a private message to chat with us further.

Kate
Jeep Cares

·
Registered
2 Posts
This certainly sounds frustrating! If you plan to return to the dealership or try for a second opinion at a different one, we're happy to help. Send a private message to chat with us further.

Kate
Jeep Cares
I’ve been to a second dealer already and that dealer advised me to trade it back in for anything else as soon as possible. The dealer I bought it from I go to see them again on the 1st. I think this is probably my 6th time taking it to this dealer. I also involved the care team last time and tbh you guys were not too helpful. You stayed involved but nothing was resolved.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts