Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Welp...with only 9,000 miles on my Trailhawk....went to accelerate on the interstate, got a clunking noise, then bam...check engine light. Was able to putter to a Jeep Dealership. Got the news today, it needs a valve actuator assembly, and won't be done till Thursday.

Am I wrong in questioning, "Really?? At only 9,000 miles?"

Anyone know of this being a known issue for the 2015 Renegade Trail hawks, yet?

· Super Moderator
3,685 Posts
I wonder what exactly a valve actuator assembly is. It's like the worlds most generic name. Stupid name for a valve body/transmission part? part of the variable valve timing/multi-air? Fuel injector system part? Cooling system part?

They give you any more info as to which system it is a part of?

· Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I wonder what exactly a valve actuator assembly is. It's like the worlds most generic name. Stupid name for a valve body/transmission part? part of the variable valve timing/multi-air? Fuel injector system part? Cooling system part?

They give you any more info as to which system it is a part of?
That's all they gave me. Yesterday, after they plugged it up to the computer, it told them an engine valve was stuck open...that it was a common problem with this type of engine (the jeep worker had it happen to his vehicle), and it tends to happen at least once in the lifetime of the car.

Like I mentioned, happened when trying to exellerate. Got off the interstate. Would do OK if slowly going along. But would sputter and almost shut down at stop lights. Then, on acceleration, it would just barely get enough power. Once moving forward, did better.

· Registered
4 Posts
Now you’re not the only one. 🤦🏻‍♀️ Mine has 77,000 miles in it and was having the same symptoms as yours. Took it in yesterday and they just told me the same thing. Did replacing it solve your problems? I guess I should be glad it lasted this long.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.