Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, when I originally saw the Renegade, I had seen the Trailhawk and I really liked the look; however, I ended up getting a Lattitude as that was all they had and I got a really good deal. Odds are, I won't be going offroad much, so I am pretty happy with my decision (though I can see myself purchasing Trailhawk in the future).

1) I really want to add some Vinyl to the hood, and I found it on Ebay for $60 thanks to another post on this site.

2) I also like the black sides on the trailhawk and was wondering if I could get vinyl on the sides there too (I know the trailhawk also has a black roof, but I'm thinking the sides would be enough to give it the look I want).

3) I also thought adding vinyl to the gas tank cover would be kind of cool, but I may skip on that and just do either 1 or also 1 & 2 to achieve the "Trailhawk" look that I love.

What is everyone's thoughts here? I know it's my vehicle and I can do what I want, but just curious to see what everyone else thinks.

Oh, since I'm also missing the "Trail Rated" badge, I think I should also get this "Mall Rated" one.

The only other thing I'm waiting to see is if I can get my hands on the Black Mirror Covers and completely make my Renegade into a RoadHawk.

· Registered
1,633 Posts
There is this spray paint called Plasti-Dip. You spray it on and if you decide later that you don't like it, you can peel it off. Once applied correctly, it's thick enough that you can just peel it off. Some have done their entire car with it.

You could mask off the areas you don't want black and go to town with the spray can. If you like it, leave it. If you want a different look later on, peel it off.

Reactions: Rebel

· Registered
60 Posts
There is this spray paint called Plasti-Dip. You spray it on and if you decide later that you don't like it, you can peel it off. Once applied correctly, it's thick enough that you can just peel it off. Some have done their entire car with it.

You could mask off the areas you don't want black and go to town with the spray can. If you like it, leave it. If you want a different look later on, peel it off.
My buddy used Plasti-Dip to paint the rims on his Toyota FJ. It worked and looked great.

· Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

My buddy used Plasti-Dip to paint the rims on his Toyota FJ. It worked and looked great.
Awesome! Thanks for the tip. I had seen this before, but had completely forgotten about it. Now I can even do my mirrors without waiting for that part to be released.

· Registered
212 Posts
I feel like we have the same ideas in mind lol! I'm planning on plastidipping the entire roof section myself. I follow someone on Instagram that did his already and it looks pretty sweet (He has a Glacier Latitude)

I'm actually thinking of going more towards a SRT "Trackhawk" vibe with mine but still not sure... just a thought for now :nerd:

Definitely going to Black out the logos, grille and possibly mirrors though. :D

· Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I feel like we have the same ideas in mind lol! I'm planning on plastidipping the entire roof section myself. I follow someone on Instagram that did his already and it looks pretty sweet (He has a Glacier Latitude)

I'm actually thinking of going more towards a SRT "Trackhawk" vibe with mine but still not sure... just a thought for now :nerd:

Definitely going to Black out the logos, grille and possibly mirrors though. :D
First you copy my color, now you copy my idea. Jeez man, be original. LOL

· Premium Member
916 Posts
1) I really want to add some Vinyl to the hood, and I found it on Ebay for $60 thanks to another post on this site.

Oh, since I'm also missing the "Trail Rated" badge, I think I should also get this "Mall Rated" one.
Pretty good ideas if one doesn't get the Trailhawk. I actually laughed (and really like) that "Mall Rated" badge. Might get one reagardless if I get a Trailhawk. lol

I follow someone on Instagram that did his already and it looks pretty sweet (He has a Glacier Latitude)
I follow one guy on Instagram with his Rene, "sircraigory", is that the same person? If not, what is his call sign of the one you follow?

lol

TS

· Registered
212 Posts
Pretty good ideas if one doesn't get the Trailhawk. I actually laughed (and really like) that "Mall Rated" badge. Might get one reagardless if I get a Trailhawk. lol

I follow one guy on Instagram with his Rene, "sircraigory", is that the same person? If not, what is his call sign of the one you follow?

lol

TS
Yup @sircraigory is the guy. He even had a sunroof installed in his. The plastidip came out pretty sweet on his ride judging by the pics he's posted. :D

Whoever has had his the longest shall win this who's copying who battle lmao! jk man... Great minds think alike IMO!!! :nerd:

· Registered
212 Posts
Looked through some of his pics real quick. I really like how he blacked out the side markers. Looks nice. I'd like to do mine dark gray to match the grill. Not sure if I can though, since I leased.
Well plastidip peels right off so I don't see a problem lol... You just have to be sure you get enough coats and wash/dry/clean your paint surfaces really well to ensure easy pealing.

· Premium Member
916 Posts
I think I am going to steal that image of yours and make it my wallpaper. I really like the blue color with that background.

TS

· Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Just got my plastidip in the mail today. Going to try to get some things done this weekend, will post any update. I think the mirrors are going to be tricky because of the angle. I have 6 cans, so I should be able to do top sides, roof, mirrors, and hood stripe. I may even do a gas can decal on the gas tank.

· Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I plast-dipped the top sides and mirrors on my latitude to give it the Trailhawk look that I had seen. Still planning on doing the hood stripe and roof. Only took 2 cans, so $12 and a few hours of my time. I did run into some issues when pulling it off on the top, so some touch-up work is needed.

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.