Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody ... I still have time to divert to the Subaru XV for almost the same price .. My only and most important issue in deciding , is how soft is the road with either vehicles ... I had the chance to try out the Subaru and found it very smoth on road bumps , but we here can't get a Renegade test drive ... So I really need someone's advice , and who tried or had both .. I'm selling my Hyundai IX35 just for being too stiff on bumps making me hating driving and getting lower back pains ... Please help me make the right decision ... Thanks in advance to you all great people .

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have the 1.4 North 2WD .. Canadian version of what you are looking at. It is super fun to drive and you definitly feel the bumps in the road, but in a good way....if that makes sense. If your looking for a smooth cushion of a ride I would avoid american all together.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
I have the Trailhawk. You might think the suspension is a little stiff, but I think it is perfect for this type of vehicle.

The only way you can know for sure is to drive one. You should just go and test drive one at another dealer. There are plenty on the lots.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Hi, well I also had 2 choices after I've narrow all cars: Subaru XV and Jeep Renegade (same price). I did not test the Subaru but had a look at the dealership. Subaru is best than Renegade according to reviews for the price, reliability and quality. But I finally bought a Renegade (delivery tomorrow) because when I test drove it fit my needs and I love the look better than the XV and always wanted a JEEP. The JEEP community, the fun, the endless accessories... won my heart over the Subaru. No regret!

·
Registered
356 Posts
In 2013, my wife and I were shopping for a new car for her; we wanted a small CUV with AWD and a manual transmission, so of course we looked at Subaru, and drove the XV. We also drove a Suzuki SX/4 and a Mini Countryman All4. We liked the Mini best, but expensive. The Suzuki was a close second--largely because of it's lively suspension feel (and great visibility). In comparison, the XV was a boat, with oversoft, sluggisn suspension.

In 2016, shopping for a vehicle for myself, with similar criteria, I again looked at "Subaru, Mini, and this new Jeep Renegade. Again, I found the Subaru's ride quality reminded me of American luxo-barges of the 70s--just way too soft. The Renegade has tight suspension which definitely imparts a more sporty feeling, and makes it much more invigorating to drive. For me, it was a no-brainer.

It's unfortunate, as Subaru used to produce small, fun cars--but they've definitely succumbed to the "bigger is better" motto that rules in the US market, and moved towards cars more suited to lazy commuters than driving enthusiasts (except, of course, they still make the WRX--but no longer as a hatchback). If a soft ride that isolates you from the road is what you want, then definitely stick with the Subaru XV.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.