Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've found 2 lights that I cannot identify. One is a triangle with what looks like a snowflake in it, and the other is what looks like a sideways speaker or headlight with an exclamation point after it. Anyone know what they symbolize?

· Registered
1,633 Posts
The snowflake one is actually a "picture" of a road with a snowflake symbol (not a triangle). It comes on when the temperatures are prime for icy road conditions. It will go away when it warms up some. I saw this once on a 33*F morning.

The speaker icon apparently has something to do with the audio system. At least one other person on this forum reported seeing this. I don't remember what the outcome was.

· Registered
1,266 Posts
The folks in this thread already nailed it on this answer for you, dburchard, but the one thing I would add is that if the audio system MIL continues to pop up you should schedule an appointment with your dealership to take a look at this.

· Registered
112 Posts
I've found 2 lights that I cannot identify. One is a triangle with what looks like a snowflake in it, and the other is what looks like a sideways speaker or headlight with an exclamation point after it. Anyone know what they symbolize?
The "speaker" symbol might be the "Power Steering System Warning" icon, indicating a failure of the electronic power steering system. Does it look like a steering wheel with an exclamation point next to it? If so, that is the power steering system warning light. Check page 200 in the owner's manual for an image of the icon and explanation.

· Registered
14 Posts
The "speaker" symbol might be the "Power Steering System Warning" icon, indicating a failure of the electronic power steering system. Does it look like a steering wheel with an exclamation point next to it? If so, that is the power steering system warning light. Check page 200 in the owner's manual for an image of the icon and explanation.

Is the icy road condition warning light part of a special package?? 2017 Latitude with cold weather package, uconnect 5.0, have yet to see the warning, despite near 0 degree temps.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.