Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I have had my 2017 Jeep Renegade Deserthawk since February 2020. I have had hardly any issues until recently; a couple of months ago, the car would not go or start. We took the battery to the auto parts store, and they said that was our problem. About a month after that, we took a road trip, and our car was making a loud squealing noise; we had the tires checked and brakes, those weren't a problem, so the dealership said it would fix itself. It did, but not for a couple of weeks.

Our current problem is yesterday while driving, the Service Airbag popped up, which was weird, but not even two minutes later, a whole bunch of warning lights popped up like Service Hill Start, Check Engine, Service ESC, Service Brake System, and a couple more. The dealership said that I was low on oil, and that could've caused the problem, so I got that changed, and immediately after leaving, everything came back on. Basically, the dealership said they didn't know what it was, and I wondered if anyone had any solutions to try?

Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
3,788 Posts
welcomegroup

and enjoy the forum!

You need to bring your Jeep to a better dealer! Dose it have all the computer up dates?

·
Registered
5 Posts
There are many problems with your jeep. The best solution is to let your mechanic have a full check-up on your vehicle.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Wait a minute..... the dealer told you the squealing noise would "fix itself" ? I would've said, "This is a Jeep Renegade, not Wolverine !". I've been driving for many decades and a car problem never fixed itself. No vehicle ever made was self-healing. Almost like that old joke, "Doc, it hurts when I do this." "Then don't do that."..

I'd find another dealership.

Looks like you're another victim of the Dead Battery Syndrome that plagues these Jeeps. Go back to the dealer and have them run diagnostics on it.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Ask your dealer to diagnose the exact issue. When I bought mine years ago I had a “service airbag“ message as well, the dealer said it was related to the driver’s side airbag sensor. they replaced the airbag sensor, then the controller, still got the message. Finally they looked at the last related bit: the loom going to the door, they replaced it and no more problems. not saying yours has the same issue, as you also got a bunch of other messages, usually related to battery problems, but just in case.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts