Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I went to clean the inside of the windshield on my 2015 Renegade and must have pushed on a sweet spot because the whole thing cracked. I've been working with the dealership who took pictures and submitted the claim which has been declined (due to location on the windshield). This is total BS and I'm pretty upset. My insurance company (USAA) charges a $500 (deductible) for replacement. I'm not happy and need to know who else to call. I was told that the final decision is just that, final, and there isn't anything I can do. Any suggestions???

Side note: There isn't any physical damage to the exterior of the windshield because a rock didn't hit it. Just my hand and a paper towel on the inside.

Thanks,
Joe

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Be careful when cleaning the inside. It was the top left corner and all I did was apply pressure and start swiping down.

I feel like this is a result of over engineering, or just poor quality. Either way, I'm under 12k mile and it should be warrantied.

Here's a picture.

Attachments

·
Registered
519 Posts
Be careful when cleaning the inside. It was the top left corner and all I did was apply pressure and start swiping down.

I feel like this is a result of over engineering, or just poor quality. Either way, I'm under 12k mile and it should be warrantied.

Here's a picture.
I would tell the dealership you want to test drive a few new Renegades and then try to reproduce the problem while the dealership watches. If they don't believe you then they don't have anything to worry about. Of course this maybe a flaw on only the 2015s

·
Registered
31 Posts
Your post is interesting, because I've found USAA to be pretty good at paying claims. I've had a windshield on a previous car replaced by USAA without hassles and they've even filled in rock chips for free. I am in the middle of a claim for my wife's BMW, damage in a parking deck, to the tune of $6k and the claim is going well.

Looking at their website, it says they partner with Safelite for claims. Have you thought about taking it there to have them look at it and see if that changes what USAA decides on your claim? Also, USAA partners with local body shops for claims adjustment, maybe try there as well?

I understand that Renegade may have only dealer glass (I seem to remember there being no aftermarket option - yet), but maybe getting Safelite or a USAA partner body shop involved might help your claim.

My $.02

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.