Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my New Loaded Renegade on 7/30/16. It has a crack on the lens in front of the gauges on the dash. To replace it, I had to turn in my Renegade to the dealer before they could order a replacement. They have to replace the entire instrument cluster. The bad part is they have to order it from Italy. The Renegade cannot be moved more than 1/10 of a mile until the replacement is put in. Their estimated install is anywhere from 2 days to 3 months! I drove it for 4 days and won't see it again until Thanksgiving (maybe). It sucks that I have to drive a lower level loaner while paying insurance on the new loaded vehicle. This is my 5th Jeep and the first time I am disappointed.:(

·
Registered
28 Posts
Oh wow... It's just a crack in the instrument cluster so why don't they let you drive your vehicle? Are they giving you a loaner, just crazy that you can't drive your Jeep...

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The Dealership did give me a loaner, the reason they say I can't drive it is because they have to read the odometer before they order it. It is programmed in Italy and has to be programmed to the exact mileage on the vehicle. They say that if it is 1/10 of a mile beyond that number, the electronics in the vehicle will go into alarm and they cannot reset it. Blah Blah Blah! They also told me that the federal regulations on the odometer are being strictly enforced due to odometer fraud.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Good luck with jeep cares... Those poor people aren't empowered to do anything. They talk in nice tones though.
Be grateful for the loaner. I haven't had one the last 3 breakdowns.
And for the record as I know raz-0 follows the board we are now in over 130+ days out of service and counting and 6 tows and 1 limp mode to svc dept. For the same issue.
?

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
22 Posts
Good luck with jeep cares... Those poor people aren't empowered to do anything. They talk in nice tones though.
Be grateful for the loaner. I haven't had one the last 3 breakdowns.
And for the record as I know raz-0 follows the board we are now in over 130+ days out of service and counting and 6 tows and 1 limp mode to svc dept. For the same issue.
?

absolutely start the lemon law process.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Believe me just because there are laws on the books doesn't mean the corporation follows them. When I asked the service writer how to escalate that obviously mine was unfixable he actually said and I quote "Oh, Chrysler doesn't do lemon cases. They do buybacks". Obviously so their stats look good and they can resell with minimal loss.
Also quite difficult to find attys that will take a case in my state. Lol one even told me I could not use the invoices that say they couldn't duplicate.
Which is a problem in my case since it only stalls on my way home going up a 7 percent grade when it is 105 or higher temp. Of course they only drive the mtn from a different route or earlier time of day.

Basically once you sign on the line your on your own.

·
Registered
534 Posts
well the buy back worked for me and FCA was absolutely great throughout the process. I would call them and discuss it if you feel you have a lemon

·
Registered
22 Posts
Believe me just because there are laws on the books doesn't mean the corporation follows them. When I asked the service writer how to escalate that obviously mine was unfixable he actually said and I quote "Oh, Chrysler doesn't do lemon cases. They do buybacks". Obviously so their stats look good and they can resell with minimal loss.
Also quite difficult to find attys that will take a case in my state. Lol one even told me I could not use the invoices that say they couldn't duplicate.
Which is a problem in my case since it only stalls on my way home going up a 7 percent grade when it is 105 or higher temp. Of course they only drive the mtn from a different route or earlier time of day.

Basically once you sign on the line your on your own.

Here if you use the lemon law they cannot resell the car and it becomes a complete loss. But that loss is a dealer loss not FCA. FCA can do a buyback and prevent that loss to the dealer. But the lemon law isn't hitting FCA, it hits the dealer.

With all the legal issues FCA as a whole is getting ready to be hit with they might be happy to get you a new car or do a hundred% buyback.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.