Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We're buying a new Renegade right now and they quoted us around $2650 for an extended warranty past the 3 years (5 yrs, 100K). Seems high. Anyone finding better rates?

·
Registered
880 Posts
Welcome!

We don't usually go for extended warranties, since statistically they don't pay off (that's why they're offered).

We bought a new 2021 Trailhawk in April, and in this case we decided to get the "Vehicle Service Contract" through Zurich Insurance. It's for 96 months or 85,000 miles; with a $250 deductible that's waived if we get the repairs done through the dealer. It was $2,575 then; I assume it's the same contract that you're being offered.

Note it's not a warranty per-se; it's insurance.

Haven't had a chance to use it yet. The big thing for us was if we ever needed to replace the hugely-expensive windshield. Rock damage is a big risk here in Colorado.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome!

We don't usually go for extended warranties, since statistically they don't pay off (that's why they're offered).

We bought a new 2021 Trailhawk in April, and in this case we decided to get the "Vehicle Service Contract" through Zurich Insurance. It's for 96 months or 85,000 miles; with a $250 deductible that's waived if we get the repairs done through the dealer. It was $2,575 then; I assume it's the same contract that you're being offered.

Note it's not a warranty per-se; it's insurance.

Haven't had a chance to use it yet. The big thing for us was if we ever needed to replace the hugely-expensive windshield. Rock damage is a big risk here in Colorado.
Thanks so much for the welcome and the detailed response! I really appreciate it!

·
Super Moderator
1,908 Posts
Welcome!

I just wish those warranty scammers would stop calling me up to "renew" my warranty. :mad:

·
Registered
493 Posts
I did opt for the extended coverage on mine. Had me covered up to 195k miles, but it only cost me $1200. That seemed reasonable considering how much it actually covered (basically everything bumper to bumper). I did use it once for a speaker that was freaking out. Replaced at no charge. Sold the vehicle with 180k on it, so I would say it was a very expensive speaker. I would have never gone for the coverage if it was more than what I paid. At $2500+, it's a hard pass for me.

·
Registered
2 Posts
We're buying a new Renegade right now and they quoted us around $2650 for an extended warranty past the 3 years (5 yrs, 100K). Seems high. Anyone finding better rates?
Try these guys. Mopar Vehicle Protection extended warranty, Instant Quotes I got a 7/60 Max Care plan with a $100 deductible for my 21 Trailhawk for just under a thousand during a promo. Given all the Rene electronics I thought it wise and a great buy.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Try these guys. Mopar Vehicle Protection extended warranty, Instant Quotes I got a 7/60 Max Care plan with a $100 deductible for my 21 Trailhawk for just under a thousand during a promo. Given all the Rene electronics I thought it wise and a great buy.
I used this one to pick up an extended warranty with a $100 deductible for 8 years/125000 miles.

A sunroof repair will cover the cost of the warranty. just saying. ;)

Reactions: aaronkab
1 - 7 of 7 Posts