Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,600 Posts
If I buy a Renegade out of state, will my local jeep dealer be reluctant to honor the warranty and/or provide basic service?

Thanks,

Randy
The warranty is with jeep. The dealership agrees to service Jeeps per their agreement with Jeep, and in most states, a pile of state laws that spell out obligations as well as privileges given to them being largely pointless middlemen in the sale of vehicles.

If they refuse, call jeep. If they still refuse, call your state AG, they'll be interested in having a word with them.

More realistically, the answer is no, they'll service your vehicle just fine. Or at least as well as they would if you bought it there, which can range from doing their job well to being extremely awful.

·
Registered
112 Posts
One thing I've noticed about dealers in my area is that if you need service, the dealer you purchased the vehicle from will usually give you priority over another customer that purchased a vehicle elsewhere. For instance, the dealer I purchased my Renegade from actually told me that I'd have priority for service, and the salesman told me to call him in advance to get him involved if I needed service. He said they'd service all of my Dodge/Ram/Jeep vehicles. I've had great service from a different dealer I purchased my '07 Patriot from, but I have to drive about 25 miles away to that dealer. They didn't have the Renegade I wanted, so I didn't purchase my Renegade from them. I've taken my Patriot to closer local dealers, but I usually have to set an appointment a few weeks in advance for service if I take it to a dealer other than the one that sold me the Jeep. However, spreading my business to a couple of different dealers has now given me the benefit of having "priority" at TWO dealers instead of just one. Bottom line: you'll get service at any/all Jeep dealers, but you may have to wait a little longer to get the service done.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.