Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let me begin by stating that I am quite lazy - that said I am quite particular so like a clean car.
This time of year the 2 things don't mix.
So the time for its first wash was due.
1) Hand wash by me
2) Hand wash by the guys in the car park - from £6
3) Petrol station jet wash
4) Petrol station automatic car wash.

In all my previous cars its been the petrol station automatic car wash (4) but I am a bit worried about the spoiler/over hang bit above the rear window so went for the Petrol station jet wash (3)
Result - I missed loads.

Anyone dared the automatic (4) yet??? Or am I blaspheming ?

>:D

· Registered
753 Posts
Let me begin by stating that I am quite lazy - that said I am quite particular so like a clean car.
This time of year the 2 things don't mix.
So the time for its first wash was due.
1) Hand wash by me
2) Hand wash by the guys in the car park - from £6
3) Petrol station jet wash
4) Petrol station automatic car wash.

In all my previous cars its been the petrol station automatic car wash (4) but I am a bit worried about the spoiler/over hang bit above the rear window so went for the Petrol station jet wash (3)
Result - I missed loads.

Anyone dared the automatic (4) yet??? Or am I blaspheming ?

>:D

The auto-car wash scares me. All those spinning brushes and dangling cloth tentacles - I swear I'm better off driving through a field of thorned bushes, LOL.

That being said, I normally do hand-wash or jet-wash. I don't wash Lil'Red much. Winter will be here soon though, and with that the ultimate enemy - road salt. I'll be visiting the jet-wash at least weekly once that happens.

I'm still trying to determine if I should visit the local Zeibart for an undercoat treatment. Not sure if it's a good idea or not. Things are so different down-under my Renny than with my previous vehicles - which were always just solid-axles front and rear...

· Registered
105 Posts
Don't use an Automatic it will ruin you paint work use , darker the colour the worse it will show any damage to the paintwork.

Hand wash is best using Lambs Wool Mitt or Microfibre Noodle Mitt, never a sponge as this just rubs all the dirt & grit over your paint work.

Every six months I always clay bar my cars & then apply Auto Finesse Tough Prep & Seal it with Auto Finesse Tough Coat Paint Sealant (see photo for the result, this is on a 4 1/2 year old car)

Attachments

· Registered
29 Posts
I use 'Greased Lightning Show Room Shine' waterless wash and wax...Fantastic long lasting shine, have used this on the last two vehicles previously owned before Renegade Clyde....The price may put some off, but the alternative washing methods have a cost also don't they. Never once have I had a problem with this product, wipe on, wipe off, great...I am in no way associated with this product lol, just like it a lot

Attachments

· Registered
607 Posts
I use 'Greased Lightning Show Room Shine' waterless wash and wax...Fantastic long lasting shine, have used this on the last two vehicles previously owned before Renegade Clyde....The price may put some off, but the alternative washing methods have a cost also don't they. Never once have I had a problem with this product, wipe on, wipe off, great...I am in no way associated with this product lol, just like it a lot
I like the side door rubbery bits - where did you get them and how nervous where you sticking them on?

@Renegadered you need to quote people if you want them to answer your questions, just push the "quote" button under their post and they will get notified that they have been quoted. :)

· Registered
105 Posts
I like the side door rubbery bits - where did you get them and how nervous where you sticking them on?
I have got the same ones on my Renegade, got them from Automotiva UK's eBay site. Cost was around £32.00 & took no longer than 1/2 hour to fit them.

I found them very easy to fit, also come with fitting instructions. Checkout my Garage if you want to see some photos.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.