Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Just wondered how / if any of you have washed your renegade that has the ceramic coating on it.

I have it on my trailhawk and wondered how best to wash it.

Has anyone put thier renegade through a drive through car wash? Or hand washed?

Just want to be careful with mine as my dealer said not to wax it.

Thanks,

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Hi all,

Just wondered how / if any of you have washed your renegade that has the ceramic coating on it.

I have it on my trailhawk and wondered how best to wash it.

Has anyone put thier renegade through a drive through car wash? Or hand washed?

Just want to be careful with mine as my dealer said not to wax it.

Thanks,
Part of the reason I got the ceramic coating was I hoped not to have to wash it so often. When i do I use the two bucket method and the shampoo recommended by the ceramic manufacturer. I did use a jet wash once when it was particularly dirty.
And no wax.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Something new to try out. For the past twenty years I have used polymer sealants like Klasse and Menzerna, all of which were superior to the old-fashioned waxes - at least on modern automotive paint. The new resin sealants do sound interesting.

·
Registered
580 Posts
What is a ceramic coat?
It's a misnomer. It's the latest generation of polymer coatings, which contain ceramic, quartz or other additives that supposedly enhance durability of the coating.

As we all know, wax degrades and wears off pretty quickly, requiring ongoing, labor-extensive cleaning of the finish, followed by waxing. Wax on, wax off, Daniel-san.

In the late '80s, polymer sealants started appearing. They were longer-lasting compared to wax, and often they were more use friendly. Those coatings would still degrade and come off over time. I usually applied those products twice a year after a thorough cleaning.

The latest polymer sealants are considered semi-permanent. While they still degrade and come off over time, they are longer-lasting and offer an improved physical layer of protection than the previous generations of sealants.

How much of the touted advantages are marketing hype? I really don't know, until I have tried those products out for myself.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I paid about £300+ on my last car for one of these paint treatments, supaguard I think it was called. If i'm honest I was never massively impressed with it, I've read a lot of reviews that say its basically a way for the salesman to get a little more commission. I could have bought a supagaurd kit for less than £100 and applied it myself.

I've used Farecla G3 Super Gloss Paste Wax on the renegade, it claims 6 months but I think 3 months of normal use/washing etc is more like it. Its pretty easy to use and 4 times a year is fine by me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.