Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I kind of noticed this the past few times it has rained (and very slightly when I wash the Jeep), but I've noticed the bottom of my inside door well (the painted part inside the door but before the plastic in the car) will retain water after a good rain.

Now, when I say retain, it's not really "holding" it per say, since it will drain down out of the vehicle onto the "No Step" panels when I open the door. However, the driver side door will do this a lot more than the passenger door, or the two back doors. It's not really getting in the Jeep at all, but I'm just wondering if this is happening to others.

I can somewhat reproduce this when I wash my Jeep but not really. Best way to make it happen is a good rain.

Does this make sense? Has anyone else noticed this? I'm not really too worried about this, but figured I'd ask us early adopters. :) I will attempt to take some pictures or video next time.

·
Registered
377 Posts
I've seen it too, around the door seals.

It's not been a huge deal to me, since my car is garage kept and each door gets opened fairly regularly (at most, every other day) so the water gets released pretty quickly.

If your car stayed outside 24/7 and, say, the rear passenger door was only opened once a month, I could see rust being a problem.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've seen it too, around the door seals.

It's not been a huge deal to me, since my car is garage kept and each door gets opened fairly regularly (at most, every other day) so the water gets released pretty quickly.

If your car stayed outside 24/7 and, say, the rear passenger door was only opened once a month, I could see rust being a problem.
Yeah, my doors will get opened at least daily so I don't worry about it too much. I have no garage or carport, so I'm being cautious about my Anvil paint job.

·
Premium Member
916 Posts
Are there drain holes? Actually a picture would help me visualize the issue. The only vivid imagination I have is me driving a Rene. Beyond that I need pics. lol

TS

·
Registered
610 Posts
Unclear from the original post... is this water collecting between the interior of the car and the door seal, or between the outside and the door seal?

If the former, it's definitely worth alerting your dealer and have it addressed. The last Jeep I owned, a new '96 Grand Cherokee Laredo leaked whenever I had it parked on an upward slope. This was nearly impossible in Portland, Oregon since just about every street is on a slope. Whenever it rained, the driver foot well would turn into a kitchen sink. Took it to the dealer several times and they just claimed they couldn't reproduce it. I eventually ran out of patience with Jeep and the dealer; traded it for a different car. A car that leaks in the ever rainy Pacific Northwest was unacceptable.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Soaking wet floor in Jeep Renegade

My Renegade has been in the shop for a week now and the dealership can't figure out why all my floorboards are soaked. I have never ran the truck thru high water & it hasn't rained in a few days, so the water has to be from the A/C or been leaking since I bought it. The truck has 1500 miles one it & I haven't even made my first payment yet. Very frustrating! Has anyone else had this issue. By the way they have checked the A/C drain line & it's not that. It's mainly in the passenger side, but drivers side is wet as well. I did take it in a car wash about a week before it went into the shop.

·
Registered
17 Posts
PAK325,
My truck gets that too, where the water pools in the door. It drains out immediately when I open the door, but it worried me too. Mine is in the shop right now for a different problem but I'll have to call the dealer and let them know about that issue too. Let us know if you find out anything about this and I'll do the same.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Water builds up under the doors after it rains. It appears that they did not seal the doors along the bottom to prevent water from getting in? I left my Jeep parked in an airport parking lot for a week, it rained, and when I returned, the doors had standing water that drained when I opened them. There is now a musty/mildew smell in my car due to the standing water! I will post a video! It just rained!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm having the same issue with water pooling in the bottom of the door. And living in Canada, I'm kinda concerned about the winter – EX: As the sun melts the snow on the top of my roof, will it seep into the door and freeze again at the bottom? I don't have a garage to keep it in, it usually gets used daily, but if my driver's side door freezes up on a daily basis, I'm not going to be very happy! I'm going to the dealer this afternoon to see what they can tell me, but I'm not too hopeful, they seemed kinda useless from the get-go, I may just end up taking it to my trusted mechanic.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Water builds up under the doors after it rains. It appears that they did not seal the doors along the bottom to prevent water from getting in? I left my Jeep parked in an airport parking lot for a week, it rained, and when I returned, the doors had standing water that drained when I opened them. There is now a musty/mildew smell in my car due to the standing water! I will post a video! It just rained!
Video would be great. I have not noticed this on mine and it has been raining heavily for 2 days.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I had the water in the door seal area along with my floor being soaked too. I took it to the deal to fix it and they replaced the seal. However, they really messed up because my seal doesn't even cover the trim pieces now and they broke my trim piece. So one of the trim pieces doesn't even stay on now and the seal itself looks like a crap job. Very frustrated... it was in better condition before I took it in.

·
Registered
580 Posts
I had the water in the door seal area along with my floor being soaked too. I took it to the deal to fix it and they replaced the seal. However, they really messed up because my seal doesn't even cover the trim pieces now and they broke my trim piece. So one of the trim pieces doesn't even stay on now and the seal itself looks like a crap job. Very frustrated... it was in better condition before I took it in.
Do you still get standing water in the doors?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.