Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My fellow Renegadians,
I have a black renegade and I'm trying to figure out what would be the best wax to use.
I recently did a Meguiars 9 followed with NXT 2.0 and that turned out to be a disaster. I'm not sure if that combination gets along, but the NXT never set right and it really looked horrid.
So I stripped the NXT and tried Meguires 26.
Much better, but it's not quite right.

So, what are you using?

·
Registered
27 Posts
My fellow Renegadians,
I have a black renegade and I'm trying to figure out what would be the best wax to use.
I recently did a Meguiars 9 followed with NXT 2.0 and that turned out to be a disaster. I'm not sure if that combination gets along, but the NXT never set right and it really looked horrid.
So I stripped the NXT and tried Meguires 26.
Much better, but it's not quite right.

So, what are you using?
Hi, I have a Red Trailhawk and I use old school Turtle Wax. I've been using it for 10 years and it works fantastic. Don't forget to buy Rain-X for your winshield and hatchback glass, water will come off like magic!

Attachments

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've never tried #16 , going to have to put that on my list....

My only real issue with #26 was streaking, which I got out with some rigorous rubbing.

I was thinking about Meguiars Black Wax (I think Turtle Wax has something for dark color cars as well).

Just trying to keep her pretty :)

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
For those interested - in my quest for a real good polish/wax for my little black Feep, I may have struck pay dirt...

I was looking on several "detailing" web sites as to what they use for dark cars, and several came back with the Blackfire line, so I figured "Why Not?"

I got the wet diamond polish and midnight sun wax....

Here's a shot off my hood.....

Polish went on and off like a dream - the wax went on easy - took a little uumph to get it off....

A little pricey, but I think I may have found the combi that'll work :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
I tried Nu Finish which I used in prior cars, and it covered the plastic trim on my Trailhawk with white streaks along the edges. Now I'm using a pencil eraser to take it off the plastic, which works but takes time. All of my prior cars had paint over the plastic surfaces, now they just put black plastic everywhere without paint. Am going to try Meguiar's D15601 Synthetic X-Press Spray Wax, because it supposedly is no problem with plastics and glass and rubber and goes on clear on everything.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.