Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2015 Renegade, Mojave sand color. It's a Latitude. I am looking for ways to give it a 4x4 look without it actually being a 4x4. I know all terrain tires, right off, but what else? Without being very expensive. Please respond with ideas?

Thank you!

·
Registered
2015 Jeep Renegade, Latitude, 2.4L 4x4, black, 9 speed automatic, MySky
161 Posts
It’s really up to preference. What in your mind first makes you think of that 4x4 look?

Also, if you make it look off road ready, you might get bitten by the off-road bug and become miserable with the 2 wheel drive and upgrade to the 4x4 model. Just a fair warning!

·
Registered
2015 1.6 diesel Longitude
73 Posts
Stick a 4 x 4 badge on the back - plenty of original renegade ones on eBay. Mines 2 wheel drive but I never go off-road or want to. To be brutally honest, why not trade it in for a trail hawk or similar?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Stick a 4 x 4 badge on the back
Nooooooo, no fake badging. Super cheese to mislabel a vehicle. Trading is an option but you're going to get hit big time on resale because dealership has to make a profit. The 4x4 has a higher ground clearance by about an inch if I remember right, along with stuff you can't see like a rubberized rear subframe.

·
Super Moderator
3,444 Posts
Expensive? Up grades for a Jeep....
Bigger tires with a lift, winch with steel front bumper, rear bumper with tire swing & gas can, snorkel, new fender flairs, roof rack and your ready to ride the pavement.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
To be brutally honest, why not trade it in for a trail hawk or similar?
@Rowdy after reading this forum for the last couple of years then buying a Trailhawk would be the last thing imho that I would do to emulate a 4x4 if the majority of comments are to be believed.

What about trading in and going for a Wrangler type Jeep if money is not an option. Failing that as Jessica says you will be taking a monetary hit regardless of trading in the Jeep.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Expensive? Up grades for a Jeep....
Bigger tires with a lift, winch with steel front bumper, rear bumper with tire swing & gas can, snorkel, new fender flairs, roof rack and your ready to ride the pavement.
Don't forget the hood-mounted hi-lift jack: A must for the serious poser.

·
Registered
28 Posts
To get the "look" is really up to how you want your renegade to look. I'd say the easiest (most affordable) options would be a roof rack and some auxiliary driving lights. Those could actually be useful, too, even if you never drive off road.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts