Jeep Renegade Forum banner

961 - 968 of 968 Posts

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Just got back with a new-to-us 2017 Lattitude/Altitude, 1.4L & 6spd. I had about a 3.5hr drive (highways) home, and it ran great. I'm very impressed with it! It handles very well, and pulls better than I had hoped given the weight increase over my 500 Abarth. It's also got the Safety & Security Group, Cold Weather Group and Beats audio. It's anvil and black - I hope to get some pictures tomorrow, but in the mean time a dealer shot:

View attachment 2396349646
Welcome to the forum. Nice looking Renegade, good luck with it. Yes, more pictures please, we like pictures.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
I always wondered why it was called Anvil? Anvils are generally silverish to start with but that colour reminds me of the warships I built. They were painted Battleship Gray just like that Jeep.

@FiatPower, sorry, Welcome and I am glad you got a decent drive in it. I think they are absolutely brilliant and I wish you all the best in yours (y)(y)(y)

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
1st upgrade, immediately get the Daytime Running Lights upgraded. They are oh so yellow looking in comparison to a brilliant white, non dazzling, LED.

DRLs.PNG

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Hmm Had I not suggested DRLS?

Controversay and confusion in 2 posts. OMG.

What next for your Jeep?

Perhaps I am upsetting you?

The embedded meta data tells a story ;)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello all. Just got my first Jeep on 1-6-21. Been debating for awhile and the old Kia was just needing to many fixes. Found a nice 2017 Renegade with only 18k miles and couldnt pass it up. So far I am loving it and dont see that changing.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I just got my 2018 in extreme lime with 1.4 turbo and six speed manual, but it's for sale. I assumed that since it has a manual transmission, I would be able to tow it behind my motorhome. But Fiat Chrysler Jeep, et al says not so! So it's for sale with Weather Tech mats and Go Pedal.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
I just got my 2018 in extreme lime with 1.4 turbo and six speed manual, but it's for sale. I assumed that since it has a manual transmission, I would be able to tow it behind my motorhome. But Fiat Chrysler Jeep, et al says not so! So it's for sale with Weather Tech mats and Go Pedal.
Thumper, so sorry you have to let your Jeep be sold. :cry::cry:

For the others, it's easier to understand than what we all think as to why Thumper is in this predicament.

Page 154 and 155 describes it in detail however in laymans terms its goes like this:

Towing should only be used briefly and in a straight line where possible under emergency conditions. The internal bumpers are from what I have been reading on the forum, lightweight structural aluminium as opposed to steel and will not sustain any lateral pulling (It can rip out the tow hook).

A seperate issue arises with the transmission on the 4x4 and the automatics. Hence they need to be lifted onto a flat bed.

Keep in mind that when towing a rigid bar is required to be used as opposed to ropes.

961 - 968 of 968 Posts