Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1041 - 1060 of 1115 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Renegade Trailhawk
36 Posts
Welcome. That's a lot of browsing, did it help make your decision? I love my TH (2020) on and off road. Have you gone off road yet? Have fun on the trails!
The decision on which model to get was already made. But there were delays in getting it delivered so I had plenty of time to dream and watch videos of Renegades chasing Wranglers up the trail. Finally got tired of waiting, and flew down to Phoenix to pick it up. Then headed out to a spot in the desert where I once got bogged down on my motorcycle. The Renegade handled the sand just fine.

Not my finest moment:

But the extraction was entertaining:

Now, with the right tool for the job:

·
Registered
349 Posts
The decision on which model to get was already made. But there were delays in getting it delivered so I had plenty of time to dream and watch videos of Renegades chasing Wranglers up the trail. Finally got tired of waiting, and flew down to Phoenix to pick it up. Then headed out to a spot in the desert where I once got bogged down on my motorcycle. The Renegade handled the sand just fine.

Not my finest moment:

View attachment 2396351284

But the extraction was entertaining:
View attachment 2396351285

Now, with the right tool for the job:
View attachment 2396351286
Great job on pictorial! I knew there was more to the story! You will have lots of fun with your new beast! TH especially handles well on sand mode. Snow is major fun too. So do you still have your bike after all there are other places to drive it? I am sure you will be testing the limits of your new ride.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello from the far side or far east

I've been lurking for a bit and have been trying to get a renegade for a few years rented one a few years back last time I was in the states and wanted one since.
The dealer local to me only sells new and to get one from mainland Japan takes a little work with the covid and all that travel restrictions crap
Finally picked one up last week and already have the K02's installed just waiting on all the other stuff from Renegade Ready to make it here in the snail mail.
So here it is a 2016 Trailhawk RHD

BLKTHINJAPAN
"I'd be unstoppable if it wasn't for physics and law enforcement" Unknown

·
Registered
349 Posts
Hello from the far side or far east

I've been lurking for a bit and have been trying to get a renegade for a few years rented one a few years back last time I was in the states and wanted one since.
The dealer local to me only sells new and to get one from mainland Japan takes a little work with the covid and all that travel restrictions crap
Finally picked one up last week and already have the K02's installed just waiting on all the other stuff from Renegade Ready to make it here in the snail mail.
So here it is a 2016 Trailhawk RHD

View attachment 2396351298 View attachment 2396351299

BLKTHINJAPAN
"I'd be unstoppable if it wasn't for physics and law enforcement" Unknown
Love it! It is hard enough to find them here in US. Btw I may borrow your quote!! You will love the KO2's

·
Registered
2019 Renegade Trailhawk
36 Posts
Same here, in Nevada. The local dealers don't have much in stock. They said they pretty much wait for the next boat to arrive from Italy, twice a year. I had to go 800 miles to find the model I wanted.

·
Registered
2019 Renegade Trailhawk
36 Posts
Great job on pictorial! I knew there was more to the story! You will have lots of fun with your new beast! TH especially handles well on sand mode. Snow is major fun too. So do you still have your bike after all there are other places to drive it? I am sure you will be testing the limits of your new ride.
Thanks. I'm about to upgrade the tires too. Looking forward to ski season. I sold the motorcycle. One vehicle is enough complexity in life. The Renegade is my first new four-wheel vehicle in 30 years, and the first with fancy electronics beyond a radio and fuel injector. There is a lot to learn. But I don't have any unmet expectations in terms of 4x4 capability or handling. The computer running the transmission knows best and it has gotten me through some of the rough trails out in the desert.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Thanks. I'm about to upgrade the tires too. Looking forward to ski season. I sold the motorcycle. One vehicle is enough complexity in life. The Renegade is my first new four-wheel vehicle in 30 years, and the first with fancy electronics beyond a radio and fuel injector. There is a lot to learn. But I don't have any unmet expectations in terms of 4x4 capability or handling. The computer running the transmission knows best and it has gotten me through some of the rough trails out in the desert.
You will not regret the TH. If they could just keep up with demand they would sell so many more. Love my KO2's! Btw it does amazing in snow! Not sure what I would have done had I not decided to get the TH, I have had nothing but great times so far! I wish I could off road full time but so far I have tested almost every terrain. Feel free to share more pics many of us enjoy them. I posted most of mine (pics) under "Where's Renaldo" on this forum. I never figured out how to post Video but pics tell a story...

·
Registered
2015 Jeep Renegade Latitude
2 Posts
Top o’the morning to ya! I am Sam, just bought my 2015 Renegade Latitude 2 days ago. Came from being a daily pickup driver so I was apprehensive about the size but I have fallen in love with this thing. Forgot just how much I missed driving a 6speed! I have four kids ages 7-14 so a more off road Jeep will be happening in the future.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Top o’the morning to ya! I am Sam, just bought my 2015 Renegade Latitude 2 days ago. Came from being a daily pickup driver so I was apprehensive about the size but I have fallen in love with this thing. Forgot just how much I missed driving a 6speed! I have four kids ages 7-14 so a more off road Jeep will be happening in the future.
Enjoy your Ren! I see a Trailhawk in your future!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have an 08 Wrangler but wifey wanted a Renegade so she bought one. 2021 Trailhawk.... So far she loves it.
Told her I now need a sticker that says "Real Jeep of the family". She didn't like that :)

So far haven't noticed much of the downshift lag every review speaks of, maybe the turbo covers it up a bit. Buzzy little engine though. Have just over 1500 miles so far and about to run it to NC from Central Fl

·
Registered
2015 Jeep Renegade Latitude
2 Posts
I have an 08 Wrangler but wifey wanted a Renegade so she bought one. 2021 Trailhawk.... So far she loves it.
Told her I now need a sticker that says "Real Jeep of the family". She didn't like that :)

So far haven't noticed much of the downshift lag every review speaks of, maybe the turbo covers it up a bit. Buzzy little engine though. Have just over 1500 miles so far and about to run it to NC from Central Fl
I notice a little lag between 1st and 2nd but I just work with it and I’ve learned I literally have to jump through if I want a quick pick up. One of those Every car is different things I think. I agree that I think the turbo helps it though. One thing I’m still having to get used to is the weird parking button. I keep wanting to grab my handbrake and throw it up but there’s no wand soooooo guess that’s the universe’s way of telling me no, I’m not 18 anymore. Lol.

1041 - 1060 of 1115 Posts