Jeep Renegade Forum banner

Welcome to JeepRenegadeForum.com - please post an introduction

2M views 1K replies 696 participants last post by  2Jeepfellow 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Welcome to JeepRenegadeForum.com - We are a friendly community of Jeep enthusiasts.

Please make a post an introduce yourself to the community!

Cheers! : )

#12 ·
I am a current Jeep owner. I will keep updating the mileage on Libby in my signature.;)

Have to say it's been a great vehicle - completely reliable. My only gripe is the mileage. I think I could almost double it with a Renegade!

#20 ·
Hello from Maryland

My wife and I live in Maryland, but we have a winter vacation home in southern Arizona where we love to hike. In order to get out to some of our favorite hiking locations, we definitely could use a vehicle with off-road capability. The new Renegade seems to be exactly what we need since it would be comfortable enough for driving from Maryland to Arizona, and be very useful for us while there. We want to keep our carbon footprint as small as reasonably possible, so we like the fact that the Renegade will get decent fuel mileage. We would be even happier if a modern diesel engine were offered here in the US. We are interested in a fully loaded Trailhawk model, and we hope it will be available soon enough for us to take it to Arizona this January.

#21 ·
My wife and I live in Maryland, but we have a winter vacation home in southern Arizona where we love to hike. In order to get out to some of our favorite hiking locations, we definitely could use a vehicle with off-road capability. The new Renegade seems to be exactly what we need since it would be comfortable enough for driving from Maryland to Arizona, and be very useful for us while there. We want to keep our carbon footprint as small as reasonably possible, so we like the fact that the Renegade will get decent fuel mileage. We would be even happier if a modern diesel engine were offered here in the US. We are interested in a fully loaded Trailhawk model, and we hope it will be available soon enough for us to take it to Arizona this January.
welcome aboard! I think you may be disappointed come January, birds word is Renegade won't show up until 1Q 2015. Depends on if you're interested in preordering sight unseen...

#23 ·
My local dealer doesn't really know, but thinks the Renegade will arrive in his dealership in early December or perhaps late November. We shall see. He said I could put down a deposit, order exactly the vehicle I want, and then get my deposit back if I don't like it. That sounds good, but I would want to have it in writing that I would get my deposit back. As much as the Renegade Trailhawk seems to be exactly the vehicle I need, I would never risk a deposit of any size at all on a vehicle I have never actually seen or driven. If I can be sure of getting my deposit back, that would be fine, but in that case the deposit would only be a small demonstration of the seriousness of my intent, and give them the opportunity to have a bit of my money interest free for a while. Anyway, I'll let you folks know what happens.

#25 ·
Hello from Reno/Lake Tahoe NV.

#26 ·
Greetings from Florida's Gulf Coast

As a former 1998 Cherokee Laredo owner, I 'm ready to rejoin the loyal Jeep ranks, with a Renegade- maybe. I now "rule" the roads in a behemoth- Mercury Grand Marquis and this little tike may come as a shock to me. Until I can test ride in one first, It remains a "wait and see" next choice, .

What I find fascinating is that no one seems to see the physical similarities to the International Scout of years gone by. Unbelievably, the dimensions match. That was one rugged looking 4X4,and this Renegade has like potential. I'll just have to wait and see next year.

#29 ·
Just looking from Missouri

Just shopping around. Need a replacement soon for my Colorado with 170,000 miles on it. I really don't need a truck anymore but a CUV with automatic that gets pretty good mileage could fill my needs nicely. Waiting to see how prices on the Renegade turn out. I like the looks so far. :)

#30 ·
Hey from TX :) My first car was a 98 Cherokee Classic that I loved dearly (disappointingly turned out to be a lemon) but I wouldn't consider myself a die hard "in-the-blood" Jeep person.However I'm waiting ANXIOUSLY for the Renegade!! I've done quite a lot of research on it, and I'm super excited to geek out over it when it hits dealerships here :p

#35 ·
Hello all!

I live in Brampton, ON, Canada (about 45 mins northwest of Toronto). My current car is a 2013 Scion FR-S, and I'm really looking forward to getting a Renegade TH next year. My previous car to the FR-S was a MKV GTI and I've really missed the utility and four doors that it offered. I will probably wait until late summer-early fall 2015 before i buy one, but I'm sure it will be worth the wait :)

#36 ·
Never owned a Jeep before. I'm seriously thinking about the 2015 Renegade. Both local dealership have no idea on when they will see any. I live in Kingston, Ontario, Canada.
Currently there are two VW's in the garage. A 2010 Tiguan 4Motion and a 2011 Golf TDI. Both good rigs. Love the mpg of the diesel but I do miss my 4X4. I drove 4X4's for about 20 years before I bought the TDI. Last one was a 2007 Toyota FJCruiser that was heavily modded for off road.