Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Jeep Renegade Limited AWD 2.4L
769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!

Long story short…I never sold the Renee and after about 2.5 years of other people using it (my mom, my uncle, and my aunt) I have it back in my possession :)and it was in dire need of TLC. The detailing has taken about 2-3 hours thus far and I have about 2-3 hours left.

Heres some before pics:
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Hubcap

Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Vehicle Car Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Automotive lighting Locking hubs

Here’s some in progress pics:
Automotive tire Hood Water Motor vehicle Automotive lighting
Tire Wheel White Automotive tire Light

Automotive tire Vehicle brake Alloy wheel Mechanic Rim

I’ll be sure to post up some after pics when all is said and done.

My wife’s parents (coming on Tuesday from abroad) will be the next ones who will be using it. We haven’t seen them in almost 3 years, so we’re stoked that they are coming finally!

Well, I’m sure I’ll see you around!

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, I didn’t time it, but I believe I put 6-8 hours into detailing. This included quick engine detail, jacking up the Jeep, almost a complete interior detail (if I had more time I would have removed the seats and really scrubbed the carpet), exterior wash, clay, wax, and lowering the vehicle off the jacks. 🥵

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Synthetic rubber

It feels good that she’s looking like new again. 😀

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
You know it's hardcore detailing when the car is up on axel stands with the wheels off.
In all my years of owning vehicles and my desire to keep them looking good, I have NEVER scrubbed the calipers !! That's a new on on me !! I realize the first couple times you hit the brakes, they'll be dirty again. But, your Jeep, your rules.

And you did it all inside your garage. Envious !!

Good job !!

• Haha
Reactions: JasoninDLH

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
In all my years of owning vehicles and my desire to keep them looking good, I have NEVER scrubbed the calipers !! That's a new on on me !! I realize the first couple times you hit the brakes, they'll be dirty again. But, your Jeep, your rules.

And you did it all inside your garage. Envious !!

Good job !!
First time ever scrubbing the calipers for me too. 😂. While I was in there scrubbing the wheel wells I decided just to scrub everything down including the suspension as well. I’m sure I would have noticed a difference if the calipers were painted, but since they aren’t I don’t believe I’ll ever scrub them again. 😉

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all!

Long story short…I never sold the Renee and after about 2.5 years of other people using it (my mom, my uncle, and my aunt) I have it back in my possession :)and it was in dire need of TLC. The detailing has taken about 2-3 hours thus far and I have about 2-3 hours left.

Heres some before pics:
View attachment 2396352716
View attachment 2396352720
View attachment 2396352718
View attachment 2396352719
View attachment 2396352717

Here’s some in progress pics:
View attachment 2396352721 View attachment 2396352724
View attachment 2396352722

I’ll be sure to post up some after pics when all is said and done.

My wife’s parents (coming on Tuesday from abroad) will be the next ones who will be using it. We haven’t seen them in almost 3 years, so we’re stoked that they are coming finally!

Well, I’m sure I’ll see you around!
Nice job!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts