Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Dropped the Renegade off at the dealer today to have a annoying vibration taken care of coming from one of the rear door panels.

As the Service lady is looking over the car and listening to my explanation, she puts it into park as usual... The dashboard flashes warning lights for about 2-3 seconds then goes back to normal. (This has never happened before)

She was as surprised as I was. Luckily it happened in front of her, so she can vouch for it lol.

Currently in a (Really Slow) Jeep Compass as mine gets taken a look at.

Will report once I hear back.
Anyone with similar weird flashing warning lights?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Dropped the Renegade off at the dealer today to have a annoying vibration taken care of coming from one of the rear door panels.

As the Service lady is looking over the car and listening to my explanation, she puts it into park as usual... The dashboard flashes warning lights for about 2-3 seconds then goes back to normal. (This has never happened before)

She was as surprised as I was. Luckily it happened in front of her, so she can vouch for it lol.

Currently in a (Really Slow) Jeep Compass as mine gets taken a look at.

Will report once I hear back.
Anyone with similar weird flashing warning lights?
i got over 800 miles on mine and not a single issue..

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Update: I spoke to the service department and my car is currently with their transmission team.

Apparently they changed the body control module and the "Check Engine" light still is illuminated. According to them.
They reached out to FCA for some more information. Getting info from the service department is like pulling teeth!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I guess you are lucky it didn't happen on the road?
Good luck keep us updated.
Indeed lucky!

Got the Renegade back finally. In the end, they changed the Body Control Module and programed the new one.

Slight door panel ticking/vibration is still present. I'll take it back eventually.

I will say, the Renegade is noticeably shifting much smoother than before and I feel it's also more responsive. I had times where the transmission had hesitation or couldn't decide what gear to be in during stop-go traffic. (I just assumed it was a quirk of the 9 speed)

MUCH happier with the new BCM!

I will post a picture of my service documents later in case it may be helpful to somebody else. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.