Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wondering what people are hearing from Jeep dealers in the US now that the Jeep configurator is up, commercials are running (at least the one last night) and the Renegade is now being reviewed by various well-established groups. I got the cold shoulder after sending an email to a Jeep dealer in San Diego seeking some answers regarding the arrival of the Renegade(disappointing!), and was wondering what everyone else is hearing. I may just have to visit a few....(something I dread for fear that I will be talked at about models on the lot I'm not interested in!)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Well. That was UNhelpful. Just called the two largest Jeep dealerships in the Hartford, Ct. area and they were clueless. My question was simple. When will you have Renegades available to test drive? One told me he'd "talk to his manager" and offered a look at current inventory. Told him, no. Don't want your current inventory, want a Renegade. I did not give them my phone number but did give my email address. We'll see. The other dealer was even less helpful. Pretty much said "don't know." Disappointing.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
I have emails out to eight dealers, two say March timeframe, two say I don't know and four never responded.

Remember, the poor smuck salespeople are the last to know, when they are rolling off the truck as their management wants them to sell what is on the lot TODAY.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Contacted the largest dealers in the Charlotte NC area

First place I visited a week ago was Hendrick Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep/Fiat up in NASCAR country (Concord) by the Charlotte Speedway and they had no clue when they'd get any. This is a huge dealer, probably the largest I've seen in my life and I was taken aback that they had no idea when they were even getting any. I only talked to one salesman who "went to check" but he might not of talked to the right people. Over the weekend (1/31) I called one closer to Charlotte (Keffer) and they said they hadn't received any info on there "allotment" yet but would contact me when they did... will update when I hear something.

·
Registered
61 Posts
First place I visited a week ago was Hendrick Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep/Fiat up in NASCAR country (Concord) by the Charlotte Speedway and they had no clue when they'd get any. This is a huge dealer, probably the largest I've seen in my life and I was taken aback that they had no idea when they were even getting any. I only talked to one salesman who "went to check" but he might not of talked to the right people. Over the weekend (1/31) I called one closer to Charlotte (Keffer) and they said they hadn't received any info on there "allotment" yet but would contact me when they did... will update when I hear something.
Great first post, thanks for sharing that information.
Hopefully they get back to you soon on word of allotment. At least when we find out what their allotment will be, we can get a good idea of what it might be like for dealers across the nation.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Talked With My Local Dealer In SoCal!

Hi Everyone,

Newbie and first post.

Car died and now in the market and want a Jeep Renegade. Contacted my local SoCal dealer and here is what they told me.

- Expect the vehicle to arrive in March / April.
- They do not know when in the month (begging, middle or end) they are expected yet.
- Dealer is currently unable to place orders yet. (It's not even in the FCA Dealer order system yet)
- Big interest in the Renegade and I've been been added to the list.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Welcome to the forum, "Big Interest" is just dealer speak for "we don't want to deal, don't try for under MSRP, we want to stick it to you" Just ignore that and work your best deal as normal.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks everyone--this is very helpful. I will try to stop by a dealer this weekend and report back--sounds likely from the consensus here that March/April is likely the arrival time. Sounds like I should at least get on a list so I can test drive one when they arrive.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Jeep Sales expert (he owns like 10 Jeeps of his own, quite a collector!) in Central Illinois also said the Renegade isn't in the order system yet. So I configured what I want--and told him: Latitude 4x4 with the popular equipement group and cold weather package. That moves me up to the other engine and gets me remote start. Configurator puts it under 28000. But I figure I haven't bought a new vehicle in 10 years and I really want something smaller than my 03 Liberty and I'm worth it. Plus it can still carry my kayaks so I'm all good.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just reporting...

Welcome to the forum, "Big Interest" is just dealer speak for "we don't want to deal, don't try for under MSRP, we want to stick it to you" Just ignore that and work your best deal as normal.
Hi CalTom,

Great to be here!

I always fight for the best deal possible. I'm just repeating what they told me as it mirrors what others have said on the forum regarding the arrival date. (March / April)

·
Registered
40 Posts
"Big Interest" is just dealer speak for "we don't want to deal, don't try for under MSRP, we want to stick it to you" Just ignore that and work your best deal as normal.[/QUOTE]

With the price of the Renegade being what it is and the fact that it is coming out so late in the year they better be willing to deal...

·
Super Moderator
3,600 Posts
With the price of the Renegade being what it is and the fact that it is coming out so late in the year they better be willing to deal...
They might or might not. If FCA has a high invoice and it is a low margin vehicle, and there's no volume incentive for the dealer or buyer incentives, they may not order many and be unwilling to work on price much. They need to maintain a certain margin on what passes though to be profitable, and the only time I ahve seen them violate that margin is when something has gone horribly wrong like losing a franchise, a lease on vehicle storage space, or got too creative with their taxes.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I've heard from a dealership in the Portland, Oregon area...they said that they've just finished training on the Renegade and probably won't get 'em until "Late this year." Another dealership told me they'll have them on the lot "in a few weeks" and that I'll be the first on the list to drive a Renegade, but that was in November. I haven't heard from them since haha

·
Registered
3 Posts
UT Arrival

This what I was told from one of the Jeep Dealers in UT.

"The new date of arrival for the Jeep Renegade is April 1, 2015. I will keep you informed and if you want to come in a put a deposit on one we are accepting deposits now how ever they are going quick!"

·
Registered
602 Posts
I have not asked my dealer because it is worthless to ask. Until they get their allotment the month before none of them will know. In the next couple of weeks dealers will get their allotment and inventory lists and if the Renegade is not listed then we move from March to April delivery.

·
Registered
4 Posts
No news

I work at a dealership in the US, and while the sales guys keep tempting us with a March timeframe, I find it odd that this model is not in the current parts catalog. Other models coming out are usually in the catalog, for example the Dart was in the catalog way before the model launched. Our dealership wished to get a jump on the game, and put together an accessory catalog for this new model. However, there is nothing on the US Chrysler website for dealers, there are leaks of course to the press but nothing to dealers which makes me wonder if there is a techincal issue holding things up.

1 - 20 of 99 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.