Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so now that the TH has been out for a bit, what has everyone tried to do? light bars, whinchs, bumper mods, tried taking the doors off? Ive seen a lot of discussion about tires but what else is there being done?

·
Registered
221 Posts
My money was on tires and roof rack. Light bar is going on roof rack, so I was waiting on that.

Bumper is hard because its part of the car. The flow and design. So just pulling it off and putting some large tubing on there would look right.

Doors I don't recommended. Its possible on the wrangler because they dont have any or very little wiring in the doors. Power windows and switches become an issue for me. I don't know if I would like the look and the water wading.

Reactions: firegrl21

·
Registered
119 Posts
Have done RR hitch retrofit, rack, lights, all terrain tires. Waiting on rock rails and some type of bull bar to allow fitment of a winch. I was wanting to lift, but don't think I will at this point. Traction is fine, it's now the engine power that is the limiting factor. I think a lift and larger tires would just encourage me to get into trouble.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Have done RR hitch retrofit, rack, lights, all terrain tires. Waiting on rock rails and some type of bull bar to allow fitment of a winch. I was wanting to lift, but don't think I will at this point. Traction is fine, it's now the engine power that is the limiting factor. I think a lift and larger tires would just encourage me to get into trouble.
but wheres the fun in staying out of trouble with these badass little jeeps!
its like oh hey look lets go out there lol

·
Registered
14 Posts
I am already in trouble after you have mentioned "Bada$$ Mode" lol. My gas mileage stinks now, like 14 mpg. Thanks a lot! j/k!

Is that the Megawarrior basket you have, if so what cross bars are you using?

·
Registered
119 Posts
It's the smaller one. The Load Warrior. It has the center extension. Really happy with the proportions.

The transmission was in an 07 JKU automatic.

I don't think anything is wrong with it in stock form. People just like making their cars better/different/theirs. Even in stock/sport/2WD form, I think the Renegade is one if the sharpest looking cars available. But I liked the Aztek :/

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.