Jeep Renegade Forum banner

221 - 227 of 227 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
I beg to differ. FCA advertises this truck to be a capable off road trail rated blah blah blah vehicle. FCAs own promotional material displays this truck being driven in adverse conditions off road. Shadows case is a spit in the ocean for FCA. They will pay. IMHO.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Well I just read this entire thread and had some thoughts. First, it's unfortunate that this happened originally. I have a sport 4x4 with the same power plant and have smelled the clutch a couple times already with mild off road attempts and less than 5000 miles...

I hope you get what's right out of the suit. It sounds like you have a decent case.

To the recent posts about whether the manual should be off road or not, and gear ratios and crawl ratios, etc. I've had serious struggles not stalling or burning the clutch trying to conquer such simple items as steep hills. Not even off road, just steep grades from a dead stop. Also trying to crawl over a fallen log, a planter curb in a parking lot, and a small sandy hill near the beach, have all been impossible without backing away and then hitting it with some momentum and the clutch already engaged and "popping" up and over them. There is a reason only the trailhawk is marked as trail rated by jeep.

It is a bit misleading for Jeep to show Renegades offroading in commercials and talking about most capable when not all of the trims and power plants are equal. I'll say this, my next Jeep will either be a Cherokee TH or a wrangler. I've always driven manuals so I'd lean towards a wrangler but I've really enjoyed my rides and time behind the wheel in a CTH.

Hope you get the buyback or the whole check covered, if my clutch goes in similar use to what I've come to realize is off eading within my vehicle's limit, I certainly won't wait months if my dealer tries telling me it's not covered by warranty. Good luck

·
Registered
520 Posts
Well I just read this entire thread and had some thoughts. First, it's unfortunate that this happened originally. I have a sport 4x4 with the same power plant and have smelled the clutch a couple times already with mild off road attempts and less than 5000 miles...

I hope you get what's right out of the suit. It sounds like you have a decent case.

To the recent posts about whether the manual should be off road or not, and gear ratios and crawl ratios, etc. I've had serious struggles not stalling or burning the clutch trying to conquer such simple items as steep hills. Not even off road, just steep grades from a dead stop. Also trying to crawl over a fallen log, a planter curb in a parking lot, and a small sandy hill near the beach, have all been impossible without backing away and then hitting it with some momentum and the clutch already engaged and "popping" up and over them. There is a reason only the trailhawk is marked as trail rated by jeep.

It is a bit misleading for Jeep to show Renegades offroading in commercials and talking about most capable when not all of the trims and power plants are equal. I'll say this, my next Jeep will either be a Cherokee TH or a wrangler. I've always driven manuals so I'd lean towards a wrangler but I've really enjoyed my rides and time behind the wheel in a CTH.

Hope you get the buyback or the whole check covered, if my clutch goes in similar use to what I've come to realize is off eading within my vehicle's limit, I certainly won't wait months if my dealer tries telling me it's not covered by warranty. Good luck
If it fails, I hope its within a year of ownership. Lemon Law is only good for the 1st year.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Sorry Shaggy, I think you are going to lose this one. I think it was a big mistake to post so much information on this forum, it's all open now for discovery. That was silly of you. If it goes to trial, the FCA attorney is going to have a fun time with you. The attorney will be able to use your own words to peg you as an abuser of the vehicle. The attorney will have you whimpering and begging to get off that stand. They may throw you a Scooby snack, but you will be on the hook for the repairs. Sorry pal, you overplayed your hand. My advice is to get that Jeep out of the dealer lot and stop that $35/day storage fee.
Looks like Shaggy took your advice, no updates recently.

221 - 227 of 227 Posts