Jeep Renegade Forum banner

261 - 280 of 752 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Well, low 90's and almost 0% chance of rain, made for a perfect day to tackle the RenegadeReady hitch and wiring kit.

Also did my K&N air filter.

Here's some quick photos of the finished hitch, and a few of the filter replacement. Two photos showing where the three screws are, holding things in-place, one of the original filter, and then one of everything back together. Apparently I failed to take a photo of the K&N filter _before_ closing things back up, LOL.

I started around 10:30am and was finished cleaning things up by just about 6pm. Lots of Arizona Tea breaks, and a few trips of "sit in the A/C-ed house for a couple minutes". I have officially come to the conclusion that _I HATE FASCIA_ :) LOL!

Full pics and some write-up at Lil'Red's Facebook page

Here's the K&N filter @ Amazon - seeing as I forgot to take a picture of it!
For those who are interested:

·
Registered
97 Posts
Laid out some door sills

Re-did some of my door cups (they got wax on em--grrrrr)

Had some extra cosmos blue grab handles for the headrests laying around, so wrapped em in charcoal gray to fit my theme, although you can still see some of the blue

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
45 Posts
Changed a flat tire (tyre).
Ran over something on the road this morning. Very glad that I didn't have the inflation kit with sealant. I had purchased a full size spare. The damage to the tire would not have held the sealant.

·
Registered
37 Posts
You might want to consider leaving the matte decal on. With flat hoods, especially with light reflective colors such as silver, gray and light blue and especially white, there can be a lot of sun glare from the hood at certain times of the day - It can even give some symptoms similar to "snow blindness". I've driven vehicles with white hoods with this issue - I don't know for sure if this would occur with the Jeep Renegade, but you should consider it - maybe the decal isn't just for decoration.

261 - 280 of 752 Posts