Jeep Renegade Forum banner

761 - 780 of 819 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Jeep Renegade, Latitude, 2.4L 4x4, black, 9 speed automatic, MySky
245 Posts
First time “off-roading” tonight. It was a trail me and my friends would walk down to a creek, but I made a little modifications to accompany a vehicle ;)

It wasn’t all that much but it was my first real taste of it (aka not driving on short grass or parking lot curbs).

·
Super Moderator
3,574 Posts
Nice photos guys thanks for posting.

Reactions: Jeepatron

·
Registered
1 Posts
Cargo space overhead light

Just a small mod, but one that is definitely needed.

Background: The cargo area stock illumination is by two "side lights" located about 1/2 way up the inner body panels. At night it is difficult to see things in the cargo area if the space is even moderately filled, even after upgrading the stock incandescent bulbs in those fixtures to brighter LEDs - because the cargo itself blocks the lights.

SO, I took inspiration from the fellow who put small "bolt" LED lamps in the jeep logo of his cargo door inner surface....but I wanted the light to shine down into the cargo space and not be behind me when I was standing under the open lift gate.

The modification: I used just one flush-mount bolt light (Oznium 11mm bolt light part #2235 , $8.00 USD on Amazon), and mounted it into the headliner (which turned out to be VERY easy to pull down enough to get the job done). Ran the wires from the new light across the headliner dead space (which is FULL of electronics boxes, BTW) and down the inner right quarter panel. Soldered them in parallel to the right side cargo space light wires where they enter the connector (FYI - purple is positive, white with purple stripe is negative in that connector). Here's a few images:
I don’t have two lights in my cargo. I have one crummy yellow dim witted bulb. Know where I can find the entire socket, bulb, and lens to be able to put in a second one?

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Jeeper I can solve partially your isssue (y)

Only a couple of weeks ago I upgraded those pesky, yellow and very hot to touch bulbs in the cargo area for new, modern, white LEDs. What a difference in light spread.

To further enhance my cargo area lighting with particular emphasis being on lighting up the ground area I fitted LED lights into the cargo door hatch area. The light from that is dazzling and the idea came from I_Do_My_Own_Racing who first posted it.

This is a link to the LED bulbs White LED bulbs

The link to the LED lights LED lights working

In relation to installing a second light fitting could it be feasible to visit your local scrapyard and remove an entire fitting from any car's cargo area and then retro fit it into the Jeep? I understand it will give you 2 different fittings but only you will notice it when you open the cargo area and it will be a lot cheaper than buying new light fittings.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
I started a note on my iPhone of all the relevant Renegade part #'s for filters, light bulbs, etc. When something needs to be replaced it will be a lot easier to just look at my note on the phone to see what I need rather than looking it up in the manual each time.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
This is what a cabin filter with about 42k miles looks like, not sure how the piece of paper got there but this is just how it was when I removed it. It only took me 20 minutes to replace it, about 10 minutes faster than last time, good airflow once again. Got my doctor's ok to do things after 8 weeks, I can now drive more than 5 miles. Going fishing tomorrow!!

IMG_0242.JPG

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Great to read that you are again up and about DGR.

Tight lines my friend and may you land that record fish. Then again a bad days fishing still beats a good day in the house 🐟🐠🐡🦈

·
Registered
473 Posts
Two weeks ago I got a flat from a pretty substantial puncture (long story). I replaced the Continentals with a set of Tiger Paws, stock size.

761 - 780 of 819 Posts