Jeep Renegade Forum banner

801 - 820 of 820 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
opened up the grill and added some color.
This is not a job for the faint at heart (especially with a 5 year old)
Getting the front fascia off is a PITA.
I see you removed the entire grill without removing the entire front clip (that is, including the bumper). Can you briefly describe the process?

·
Registered
39 Posts
I'm about to do the fogs too...was it a lot of work or not bad?
It wasnt bad. I used a NILIGHT L.E.D. light bar harness with relay,switch and fuse all wired in already. There is a plastic channel that the main harness for the car runs up into the wiper area and then through a grommet behind the dash.Its taped on both ends of the grommet. I had to cut the switches off of my harnesses to get them through.Reaching up under the dash was a bit of a pain but possible.I had to lay with my head near the gas pedal and my feet out the door to get my arm up in there.Popping the fake mesh panels out next to the fog lights will give you lots of room to reach and run your wires also.

·
Super Moderator
3,575 Posts

and enjoy the forum!

Looks good!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Not today, but this weekend I installed my DIY projector retrofitted headlights. The main pain was doing this in a dark, underground apartment parking. The things I have to deal with living in a big city ☹ Something I hope to fix in the near future. Anyway, the worst part of taking off the bumper was trying not to break the clips holding the fender trim (squeezing them from inside).
I have only terrible pictures, hope to get better ones in the future.
In summary: I opened the stock halogen / reflector headlights (tried cooking them for long, the back was starting to get soft while the hard permaseal type adhesive was unimpressed with my attempts, remained extremely hard! after a few tries I opted to cut them open which worked great) painted the reflector black (which won’t have any use now), and installed a mini HID projector where the bulb originally was. I also put a LED strip on the outer border of the chrome bezel, which I left unpainted to make it visible and reflective.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Not today, but this weekend I installed my DIY projector retrofitted headlights. The main pain was doing this in a dark, underground apartment parking. The things I have to deal with living in a big city ☹ Something I hope to fix in the near future. Anyway, the worst part of taking off the bumper was trying not to break the clips holding the fender trim (squeezing them from inside).
I have only terrible pictures, hope to get better ones in the future.
In summary: I opened the stock halogen / reflector headlights (tried cooking them for long, the back was starting to get soft while the hard permaseal type adhesive was unimpressed with my attempts, remained extremely hard! after a few tries I opted to cut them open which worked great) painted the reflector black (which won’t have any use now), and installed a mini HID projector where the bulb originally was. I also put a LED strip on the outer border of the chrome bezel, which I left unpainted to make it visible and reflective.

View attachment 2396349085

View attachment 2396349086

View attachment 2396349087

View attachment 2396349088

View attachment 2396349089
Nice job! What size projector did you end up using? Ive noticed most are 2-3 inches(50-76 ish mm) Ive also seen a 4 inch which should fit in our 7 inch rounds.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
The pictures are stunning and that's what we like on the forum.

Keep up the great work :D

·
Registered
71 Posts
Nice job! What size projector did you end up using? Ive noticed most are 2-3 inches(50-76 ish mm) Ive also seen a 4 inch which should fit in our 7 inch rounds.
I used 2.5” ones. I would have liked to put 3”, but these were the ones I could get locally that were simple, other projectors came with more “busy” shrouds (lights, “angel eyes” and things like that which I didn’t want).
Depth wise there are about 5.2”. Not sure the headlights are exactly the same as the ones used for the US market.

801 - 820 of 820 Posts