Jeep Renegade Forum banner

861 - 877 of 877 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Jeep Renegade Altitude 4x4
94 Posts
Got a class III hitch put on my Renegade at UHaul. They had one heck of a time getting it on...took FOREVER...so I'm glad I didn't decide to tackle it myself. They were cool about it though and refunded me the labor cost, so it was installed for free. I skipped out on a wiring harness for now...but that's likely something that will come later.

The interior of the Renegade is lacking in the space department, especially when there's 4 people inside. So, my thought is I'll get a hitch-mounted cargo carrier. I can then put the cooler, firewood and other such items on there when we go camping. Will likely pick one up on Thursday since we're going to leave Friday for 2 days of camping.

We're also going to head down to Florida in late November to visit family and the hitch carrier will come in handy then too. I think we'll camping somewhere on the way down and on the way back rather than staying at a hotel...much more fun that way.

Eventually I'll get a trailer, the rooftop tent will go on there, my roof rack will be opened up for the mounting of other items, and all my problems will be solved.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I bought and put together the hitch cargo carrier. It's rated for 500 pounds, so it shouldn't have an issue handling the cooler, WaterPort and firewood for our camping trip tomorrow. When not in use it can either be folded up or removed, both of which are really easy to do.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Took mine camping at Patoka Lake. Video shot during the trip will be posted on my YouTube channel tomorrow or the next day.

The view from my camp chair. Will have to go back there again in a few weeks because this is going to look awesome when the leaves change color.

The beach was deserted, but still a fun place to visit.

·
Super Moderator
3,744 Posts
Nice photos.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I bent an inner tie rod today
I’m very disappointed at how easy it was and how much mopar wants to charge for the part here in Houston,TX

Just for the part it is $216 plus another $130 for alignment
Thank you aftermarket

·
Registered
94 Posts
In one of the photos above in my previous post, you can see I'm using a hitch cargo carrier. Well, I was unhappy with how low the cargo carrier was to the ground when loaded. A cooler, wood, etc weighed it down and caused it to sag an inch or two. To fix that problem, I purchased this and feed the cargo carrier into the top receiver...problem no more.

It also elevates me a bit higher when used as a step if I need to mess around with the rooftop tent.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Renegade Camping, we also took the Renegade camping. First time out and we had a blast View attachment 2396349452
Looks great! What's the weight of that? My wife wants to get a 3.5k lbs travel trailer but the Renegade won't tow it. We're either going to get a smaller trailer (Runaway Trailer or Hiker Trailer) or have to upgrade to something like a Toyota Tacoma.

·
Registered
22 Posts
We really shopped around. Originally we were sold on a prolite plus S. We missed out on that one but found this Aliner Classic. It’s heavier than I wanted at 1800lbs dry. But it has electric brakes and we live in Michigan so no steep grades. It pulls really well and the space inside is amazing and what sold us. Have not had any towing issues, and the 1.3T is not stressed, the trans runs at about the same temp towing at 65-70 as it does without trailer and running 80.

·
Registered
94 Posts
We really shopped around. Originally we were sold on a prolite plus S. We missed out on that one but found this Aliner Classic. It’s heavier than I wanted at 1800lbs dry. But it has electric brakes and we live in Michigan so no steep grades. It pulls really well and the space inside is amazing and what sold us. Have not had any towing issues, and the 1.3T is not stressed, the trans runs at about the same temp towing at 65-70 as it does without trailer and running 80.
Looks good. Oddly enough I saw one of these for sale today. Didn't take a close look or see how much...it was set up off the road with a big For Sale sign on it though.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I’d really like to get a Aliner once the budget allows as it would be perfect for traveling.

Life’s a adventure- where have you gone?

861 - 877 of 877 Posts