Jeep Renegade Forum banner

881 - 900 of 908 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bent an inner tie rod today
I’m very disappointed at how easy it was and how much mopar wants to charge for the part here in Houston,TX

Just for the part it is $216 plus another $130 for alignment
Thank you aftermarket

View attachment 2396349439
New Renegader Advisory

This just happened to my renegade! An F-150 left in neutral rather than park rolled right into my passenger front corner.

I was advised by my mechanic to just get the part & he’d replace but I’m unsure if there’s a difference between an inner/outer tie rod end & the whole tie rod?

I know I need both inner & outer tie rod

·
Premium Member
2,293 Posts
Often you need to accept the advice offered by a garage or a Dealership. Afterall if we all used Google to repair vehicles I guess there will be a lot of broken vehicles.

Only work within your own capacity when doing home repairs and leave the serious, technical repairs to the experts afterall that's why they trained for many years.

Being unsure of a repair is imho a legitimate question of which I know will be easily answered as our forum have many experienced people that can assist. (y)(y)(y)

·
Registered
311 Posts
New Renegader Advisory

This just happened to my renegade! An F-150 left in neutral rather than park rolled right into my passenger front corner.

I was advised by my mechanic to just get the part & he’d replace but I’m unsure if there’s a difference between an inner/outer tie rod end & the whole tie rod?

I know I need both inner & outer tie rod
I would ask your mechanic if you just need to replace the Tie Rod End, or the entire thing. I would suspect the whole thing. If it's just the head of the Tie Rod End that is bent, you could save some money over buying the whole thing. (wishful thinking)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Does anybody know what is going on with AVID. Are they even in business anymore? Everything on their site seems out of stock?

·
Registered
311 Posts
Does anybody know what is going on with AVID. Are they even in business anymore? Everything on their site seems out of stock?
Email their customer support. They are pretty responsive. The inventory online nearly always says out of stock, but a few owners have had luck contacting them directly.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Email their customer support. They are pretty responsive. The inventory online nearly always says out of stock, but a few owners have had luck contacting them directly.
Thanks, good idea. I actually did that. Waiting a response. Although just bought a 2001 Volvo S60 for my daughter's high school graduation and did a 2000 dollar lift and tire on my Renny so pretty tapped out. Still do not like seeing stuff I want out of stock.😁

·
Registered
43 Posts
Top of your screen should be a search bar. You can find plenty of details, or you could simply go to their website and read it for yourself.
Yeah, I was like DOH! Why not just go to site. Videos were very interesting. Do you guys believe that it is actually helpful. I always thought if the Renny was shifted differently it would feel more powerful.

·
Premium Member
2,293 Posts
Do you guys believe that it is actually helpful. I always thought if the Renny was shifted differently it would feel more powerful.
Click this link for a lot of advice: GoPedal comments
As I have the 2.0L 4x4 Diesel I need to use a different gadget from the GoPedal. However the difference is immediate when fitted.

• Better fuel consumption
  • Faster throttle response
  • Use of higher gears at lower speeds than normal ie I can sit at 40mph in 6th gear and accelerate upwards without a gear change.
  • faster acceleration due to increased horsepower however small
  • GoPedal sits right beside you and can be manually adjusted at the press of a button to change driving modes/styles.
  • Quick disconnection if visiting the garage and your Jeep is immediately back to the factory setting
What is there not to like:unsure:? As I am not mechanically minded perhaps the more experienced mechanics can reply in relation to how the gadget changes the engine settings please?(y)

·
Registered
311 Posts
Yeah, I was like DOH! Why not just go to site. Videos were very interesting. Do you guys believe that it is actually helpful. I always thought if the Renny was shifted differently it would feel more powerful.
Every person I've seen always responds with high praise. I'm debating on getting one myself. I hate the stock drivetrain settings, it's a clunky pig.

881 - 900 of 908 Posts