·
Registered
2017 Jeep Renegade Limited AWD 2.4L
718 Posts
So I got rid of this today.
View attachment 2396350562

So that I could put in a new head unit.
View attachment 2396350563

It is a JVC KW-M560BT 6.75" screen. I picked it up from Crutchfield. I even started running another wire to clean up the power wires to my dashcam.
How do you like it so far? Throw any codes or anything not working with the Jeep after the install? What adapter cables did you use? Maestro? Crux?

·
Registered
156 Posts
How do you like it so far? Throw any codes or anything not working with the Jeep after the install? What adapter cables did you use? Maestro? Crux?
So far so good. I have the Crux on here as it isn't compatible with Maestro. In my initial drive with it into work today I had a lot less fade on SXM. I will know more this evening on my drive home which is a slightly different route and a lot more drops.

·
Registered
94 Posts
As I moved from an apartment to a house, I decided to do the oil change myself. Went OK... about a lilter spilled 😬. Now I have that oil stain in my driveway as a reminder of my less than optimal skills.

·
Registered
2017 Jeep Renegade Limited AWD 2.4L
718 Posts
There are easy oil drain valves you can install at the next oil change to make it a whole lot easier and less messy...

I recently installed a Fumoto one on my wife’s Yukon and it’s great quality. I believe there are other companies selling them as well. Here’s Fumoto’s site:

They make one with a nipple and one without. If you get one with a nipple you can even attach a tube to have complete control of where the oil goes.

·
Registered
2015 Jeep Renegade, Latitude, 2.4L 4x4, black, 9 speed automatic, MySky
434 Posts
First oil change you always spill a good amount and either clean up the stain or have a constant reminder of the events. I’ve learned to loosen the bolt with a wrench, then finger loosen all the way while pushing down on the bolt. When you get the thread all the way out, pull up n out of the way. Never got oil on me again after that.

·
Registered
37 Posts
The one on my diesel renegade has several holes around it so when you first loosen it you can almost control the flow.

Where I tend to struggle a bit is with the oil filter - it’s extremely difficult to get to - you almost have to be a contortionist - I bought a 32mm low profile socket to ease the operation of unscrewing it as it’s difficult to get into with an adjustable spanner - unfortunately that was worse as it jams the socket as you loosen it against the vehicle body and you struggle to get both socket and filter housing off - I’m going to see if I can get a 32mm stubby or similar for the next change - no room to put anything in to catch the oil so basically make sure you have something wide enough to catch what comes out then wipe everything down.

·
Premium Member
2,707 Posts
Nicole I :love: it. Original decals are way more interesting.

Glad you picked Grizzly and not Growler as that's what I call the missus :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
309 Posts
I broke a front spring last week and decided to buy Eibach Lift-kit springs Lift kit springs.
Got them on saturday and mounted them yesterday.
I measured around 30-35 mm (1,25 inch) lift. I guess when everything is settled it will be around the the 25 mm (1 inch) Eibach says.
Before and after pictures (dirty car and still on the winter wheel setup):
View attachment 2396350571
View attachment 2396350572
Noticeable difference. Will you be doing different tires? I am waiting for my lift kit then I will do new wheels and tires.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Will you be doing different tires? I am waiting for my lift kit then I will do new wheels and tires.
I have two other sets of wheels, one 17" and one 18", both of them with the standard tire size. I'm exploring options to mount more offroad looking tires and tire size on one of them. 235/60 R18 or 225/70 R 17
It's stil cold upp here so the wheels in the picture will stay on for a couple of weeks.

·
Super Moderator
4,159 Posts
Grizzly I like it make it your own like we did!

·
Registered
94 Posts
First oil change you always spill a good amount and either clean up the stain or have a constant reminder of the events. I’ve learned to loosen the bolt with a wrench, then finger loosen all the way while pushing down on the bolt. When you get the thread all the way out, pull up n out of the way. Never got oil on me again after that.
It’s was my 1st oil change on the Renegade, I did quite a few in the past. Most modern cars have stupid filter or drain plug locations!
In my previous car the drain was above a reinforcement bar so the oil hit it in its way and split into two streams! Neither where I put the pan to collect the oil 😁. The following changes were less messy.
this time on the Renegade, the oil filter housing is in a very inaccessible place on the 1.8, sandwiched between the engine and the firewall, quite deep, it’s difficult to access from top or bottom! Ended doing it from the top squeezing my arm. To make things worse, the drain plug which I expected to be a no-brainer, was more difficult! Whoever did the previous change at the dealership tightened so damn hard as if his life depended on it! The drain plug started to get deformed! I stopped there, had to go buy a new one, as that one was not going back in, and then hammered in a 13m socket and did a LOT of force with a breaker bar, only then I could remove it! By then I was pissed and didn’t payed much attention to initial spillage.

921 - 940 of 987 Posts