Jeep Renegade Forum banner

941 - 960 of 987 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Jeep Renegade, Latitude, 2.4L 4x4, black, 9 speed automatic, MySky
434 Posts
It’s was my 1st oil change on the Renegade, I did quite a few in the past. Most modern cars have stupid filter or drain plug locations!
In my previous car the drain was above a reinforcement bar so the oil hit it in its way and split into two streams! Neither where I put the pan to collect the oil 😁. The following changes were less messy.
this time on the Renegade, the oil filter housing is in a very inaccessible place on the 1.8, sandwiched between the engine and the firewall, quite deep, it’s difficult to access from top or bottom! Ended doing it from the top squeezing my arm. To make things worse, the drain plug which I expected to be a no-brainer, was more difficult! Whoever did the previous change at the dealership tightened so damn hard as if his life depended on it! The drain plug started to get deformed! I stopped there, had to go buy a new one, as that one was not going back in, and then hammered in a 13m socket and did a LOT of force with a breaker bar, only then I could remove it! By then I was pissed and didn’t payed much attention to initial spillage.
God bless. Really makes me feel fortunate to have the 2.4L and it’s easy oil changing abilities. Whoever did your last change should maybe work on electric cars instead..

·
Registered
290 Posts
My phone is an inexpensive Samsung A51 5G. I wanted an Orange Case and although this one is super cheap I just loved the look.

ORANGE TIRE CASE FOR A51 5G

·
Registered
252 Posts
My phone is an inexpensive Samsung A51 5G. I wanted an Orange Case and although this one is super cheap I just loved the look.

ORANGE TIRE CASE FOR A51 5G

Thank you

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2017 Jeep Renegade Limited AWD 2.4L
718 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
I have two other sets of wheels, one 17" and one 18", both of them with the standard tire size. I'm exploring options to mount more offroad looking tires and tire size on one of them. 235/60 R18 or 225/70 R 17
It's stil cold upp here so the wheels in the picture will stay on for a couple of weeks.
Nice to have more than one set of wheels! I am thinking to keep the originals as extras and will get new wheels and tires for more rugged terrain.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Nice shine! Literally like a mirror...What did you use?:D
The picture is better than the reality. ;)
I have done what I usually do to my cars. A 4 step polish with Menzerna product, protected with Menzerna Powerlock.
After that I always wash it by hand using 2 (3 with wheel) bucket method, and as a drying aid I m right now using Geyon Q2M (I think, don't quote me on that....).

The polish/coat is repeated every 2 years, if I keep the cars that long (have only kept one car that long....)

·
Registered
718 Posts
I gave mine a needed detail.
Wash, Clay-Bar, DA with Meguires ultimate compound, quick polish ceramic coating has just been delivered will be doing that tomorrow. View attachment 2396350654
Looking real nice! What ceramic coating are you going to use? What size and material pads do you use with your DA? I’m still polishing by hand and sheesh it takes a long time!

·
Registered
79 Posts
JasoninDLH.
I used 5.5" pads, these I got from Amazon, I used the blue pad, my paint had quite a few swirls and minor scratches, this blue pad and the Meguires compound removed 90% of them, the paint looks better in real life than it does in the pictures, if it makes sense after the ceramic coating and polished its looks wet, not sure how else to describe it.

Polishing pads:
SPTA:
Buffing Polishing Pads, SPTA 5Pc 5.5 Inch Face for 5 Inch 125mm Backing Plate Compound Buffing Sponge Pads Cutting Polishing Pad Kit For Car Buffer Polisher Compounding,Polishing and Waxing -SQPPS5MIX.

Ceramic coat:
Hocossy.
High Gloss 9H 3D Diamond Hardness nano super ceramic automotive coating car kit,Hocossy Anti-Scratch Super Hydrophobic Liquid Pro Premium Ceramic Car Coating Paint Sealant Protection-30ml.

DA.
Tacklife:
Buffer Polisher, TACKLIFE 6 Inch/5 Inch Orbital Car Polisher, 6-Level Variable Speed, with 4 Foam Pads, Tool Bag for Car Polishing, Waxing - PPGJ04.

I just detailed my wife's Kia Forte5 and that paint was in pretty poor shape, used the same pads and polish, but used Turtle Wax Ceramic Spray, looks great.

·
Premium Member
2,707 Posts
I’m still polishing by hand and sheesh it takes a long time!
Those days are long gone with electric, orbital, hand polishers readily available from your local tool store for doing all the hard work. (y)(y)

I may use my hands for applying polish but the machine is used for finishing it off. Unless of course I use my waterless wash and wax as an interim treatment.

·
Registered
718 Posts
JasoninDLH.
I used 5.5" pads, these I got from Amazon, I used the blue pad, my paint had quite a few swirls and minor scratches, this blue pad and the Meguires compound removed 90% of them, the paint looks better in real life than it does in the pictures, if it makes sense after the ceramic coating and polished its looks wet, not sure how else to describe it.

Polishing pads:
SPTA:
Buffing Polishing Pads, SPTA 5Pc 5.5 Inch Face for 5 Inch 125mm Backing Plate Compound Buffing Sponge Pads Cutting Polishing Pad Kit For Car Buffer Polisher Compounding,Polishing and Waxing -SQPPS5MIX.

Ceramic coat:
Hocossy.
High Gloss 9H 3D Diamond Hardness nano super ceramic automotive coating car kit,Hocossy Anti-Scratch Super Hydrophobic Liquid Pro Premium Ceramic Car Coating Paint Sealant Protection-30ml.

DA.
Tacklife:
Buffer Polisher, TACKLIFE 6 Inch/5 Inch Orbital Car Polisher, 6-Level Variable Speed, with 4 Foam Pads, Tool Bag for Car Polishing, Waxing - PPGJ04.

I just detailed my wife's Kia Forte5 and that paint was in pretty poor shape, used the same pads and polish, but used Turtle Wax Ceramic Spray, looks great.
Thanks for the info! I’ve been eyeing different DA polishers for awhile now.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Those days are long gone with electric, orbital, hand polishers readily available from your local tool store for doing all the hard work. (y)(y)

I may use my hands for applying polish but the machine is used for finishing it off. Unless of course I use my waterless wash and wax as an interim treatment.
In some ways I’m still very old school!

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Just pulled the trigger on 4 new Bilstein B6 mono tubes. Looking for front mounts that can’t be found. Doing those with 4 corner rotor and pad updates.

Reactions: JasoninDLH

·
Registered
718 Posts
Just pulled the trigger on 4 new Bilstein B6 mono tubes. Looking for front mounts that can’t be found. Doing those with 4 corner rotor and pad updates.
Nice! What rotors are you going with?

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Nice! What rotors are you going with?
I live in NE Ohio.
RAYBESTOS 982043FZN (Smooth - Coated) Element3; Fronts. Different number for rears.
andPOWER STOP Z231811 Z23 Evolution Sport; Carbon Fiber-Ceramic; Includes Hardware for front pads. I got 100k on original pads due to all highway miles. I never use brakes but when I do from 65 mph, it’s a stoppie.

Reactions: JasoninDLH

·
Registered
718 Posts
I live in NE Ohio.
RAYBESTOS 982043FZN (Smooth - Coated) Element3; Fronts. Different number for rears.
andPOWER STOP Z231811 Z23 Evolution Sport; Carbon Fiber-Ceramic; Includes Hardware for front pads. I got 100k on original pads due to all highway miles. I never use brakes but when I do from 65 mph, it’s a stoppie.
I’ve used those pads before in a Camry and love them.

That looks like a great set of Rotors. Have you used that Raybestos style in previous vehicles at all?

941 - 960 of 987 Posts