Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
If cost is the biggest factor then insurance is a crap shoot. I was with Progressive a long time ago, they raised my rates quite a bit out of nowhere, when to Geico, they just did the same thing so I went back to Progressive.

I will say with the Renegade being so new none of the companies can find it by VIN so you have to explain to them the vehicle and features, it was kind of annoying.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I have AAA, and when I got mine the VIN didn't come up. Not a problem as I took the Feep with me to get the insurance so they could see the VIN.
I got a full load (like I have on my bikes), basically everything but medical - came in at about $1000 with a $500 deductible.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Currently St. Farm. Don't recommend going through Costco for anyone that has that option. Not worth it for whatever money you think you are saving. Had a person side swipe me from behind about 5 years ago. The ins company handled it terribly.... said at first it was 100% my fault going off the other persons story & never speaking with me. They operate off of "teams" & you do not have an agent that represents you. No one would ever return my call unless I asked to speak with a manager. Eventually they switched it to a 50/50 no fault after I submitted pictures. Never was able to get someone to go the to the actual accident scene so they could see exactly what I was describing. Oh.... and the other person was texting on their cell phone when it happened!! I know with St. Farm, if you are in an accident & the other person also has St Farm, they waive both of your deductibles.... at least they did when I had them back in the 90's.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have Progressive. They had no problems looking up the vehicle using my VIN number, and they gave me a really good rate. I switched from a 12-year old Chevy Tracker to my brand new Renegade with all the same coverage and my rate changed by less than $50 per 6 months. I know that some of that is because of my age and accident-free record, but I was still VERY impressed that the rate had such a small change.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
I have been with State Farm since 1977. I use them for my house, motorcycle, life, and four cars (two cars belong to my kids).

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have Progressive. They had no problems looking up the vehicle using my VIN number, and they gave me a really good rate. I switched from a 12-year old Chevy Tracker to my brand new Renegade with all the same coverage and my rate changed by less than $50 per 6 months. I know that some of that is because of my age and accident-free record, but I was still VERY impressed that the rate had such a small change.
I have not purchased a Renegade yet, but when I asked my Allstate agent what the difference in cost would be compared to my current 03 Honda Element, he said +$50/6 mos. I too, have a squeaky clean record and am 37 yrs old. I have 250/500 for coverage and was pleasantly surprised at such a small increase for a brand spanking new vehicle. He said it's all relative to the cost of the vehicle itself.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I just got a quote on my TH order. It will be about $375 more than my 2005 Ford Escape Limited. I am a 41 year old male with a clean driving record and high credit score. I live in Michigan, so my insurance is high regardless, but the 2015 TH will be about $250 more than my wife's 2015 Chevy Equinox (sucks cause I used to have the cheaper insurance).

-rhy

·
Registered
19 Posts
My insurance dropped by $189 a year when I switched from an 03 Jeep Liberty and an 07 VW Beetle to the Renegade Trail Hawk - Have Erie insurance love them. Have their highest policy with $50 deductible.

·
Registered
46 Posts
State Farm found it by VIN just fine! They also almost solely based the rate on the VIN number. I expect almost ANY insurance company can find the rates by the VIN.

If cost is the biggest factor then insurance is a crap shoot. I was with Progressive a long time ago, they raised my rates quite a bit out of nowhere, when to Geico, they just did the same thing so I went back to Progressive.

I will say with the Renegade being so new none of the companies can find it by VIN so you have to explain to them the vehicle and features, it was kind of annoying.

·
Registered
46 Posts
The safety ratings for a Renegade vs. A Tracker are undoubtedly much better, ergo, lower rates.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.