Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello folks,

reading here and there I noticed many Renegade owners or future owners have or had a Mini before going Renegade, I am one of them, by the way.

It's a curious thing this one because there are very few things in common other than a very distinctive look and an upscale interior quality and design in both of them...what is/was your ride?

·
Registered
24 Posts
I currently daily a 04 dodge ram 5.7 hemi... Gas is a killer. 14mpg baby!

I am looking forward to having a 4x4 capable vehicle with 30+mpg for my new commute.

I drive around 60 miles a day.

·
Registered
318 Posts
I currently daily a 04 dodge ram 5.7 hemi... Gas is a killer. 14mpg baby!

I am looking forward to having a 4x4 capable vehicle with 30+mpg for my new commute.

I drive around 60 miles a day.
i run my renegade 2.0 l Multijet 4x4 Diesel 6-speed at an average of 6.9 l/100km thats about 34 mpg by 1/3 City and 2/3 Highway 80 mph

·
Premium Member
321 Posts
I currently own a 2011 Honda CR-Z (the 2-door roadster looking hybrid).

I purchased it to drive 102 miles/day to and from work. It gets around 40 mpg in mixed driving.

But now I'm on a RideShare van and only driving 18 miles/day to and from the commuter lot so I'm looking to get out of this tiny roller skate and into something bigger and more capable.

I am not convinced that the Renegade is it for me though. Gas mileage isn't an issue anymore so I could possibly go with a Cherokee TH, or a Wrangler Unlimited if I get crazy. The cost is what's most prohibitive with those though.

I'd prefer to stay at $30k USD or less for a TrailHawk with leather, navigation, and MySky. We'll see!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Greenjp, keep driving that Jeep. I love it. They just got that model so right when they designed it and even today it's still the best looking SUV out there. If I found one like new I'd be seriously tempted (tan leather interior).

·
Registered
104 Posts
Been driving this for 14 yrs. 2001 Jeep Cherokee Classic

Keep it and run it until the wheels fall off, and if you can weld the wheels back on get some more bailing wire and keep running it, it will still be twice vehicle any of these new ones will ever be. I owned a '96 2 door 12+ years and a 2001 for a few years.

Currently running a 2011 Liberty Sport (which I will probably trade on the Renegade if I like it) and a 2011 Patriot Sport which we all like a lot.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Supporting the MINI trend, I am currently driving a 2006 MINI Cooper. I'm ready for something a little bigger (but not too big), 4 doors, 5 passenger capacity, heated seats, 6 speed manual transmission, and AWD. This pretty much narrows it down to the Renegade, at least in the U.S. I can't wait to get mine! I hope January is true.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Oldest boy drives a '96 BMW 318 and the wife had a 2011 MINI Countryman S with manual trans and then a 2012 MINI Countryman S automatic. All three are/were total garbage. There will never be another BMW product in my driveway for so long as I shall live.

Numerous trips to the shop, internet loaded with complaints and common failures, dealerships are few and far between, everything is EXPENSIVE for them, the cars themselves are expensive for what you get, gas mileage was not impressive...just utter trash. For the money you can get SO much more in a vehicle.

I currently am driving a 2001 Jeep WJ with 212,255 on the clock. It hauls the family, has plenty of room for my 6'3" frame, gets me around in the snow, and I firmly believe that it would go places in 2 wheel drive on the trail than the Renegade would need 4 wheel drive to attempt.

The reason I'm waiting to see the Renegade is because I'm interested in a Jeep with better fuel economy. The WJ gets 15 MPGs city/highway mixed on my daily commute.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I drive these cars
* Saab 9-5 SW 3.0 Tdi MY '02 for long journeys (6,5 l/100 Km on highways!!)
* BMW Z4 2,5 for fun. Who cares about fuel economy :), I only do some 3'000 km per year but really smiling!!!
* Daihatsu Terios 1.5 4x4: this is really thirsty..... 10 to 12 L/1000 km (urban)

Renegade will replace this last one

Regards from Monza, Italy

Giacomo

·
Registered
953 Posts
I hate public transit, the type of trash (people) that strolls onto them are enough to have me avoid it, and that's just the start of a long list of why i avoid it.
Wow that's aggressive. I don't mind public transit as long as there aren't delays and such. Its much cheaper than using a car all the time. I just want the car for things further away or maybe grocery shopping and such. Sure there are a few crazies on public transit but most of them are just entertaining, very few are dangerous.

·
Registered
7 Posts
2006 Honda Element w/ Realtime AWD

2006 Honda Element w/ Realtime AWD. I want a Renagahawk mainly for the gas mileage, better clearance, approach, departure, and breakover angles, water fording, full size spare, that's just to start the list. I also want to lose the tailgate in exchange for a full size liftgate, so that my wife and I can both together stand in up under it out of the rain quite completely..

Attachments

1 - 20 of 98 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.