Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just realized I don't know what mode my THawk runs in when not in 4x4 lock. Is it 2wd or Awd? Can someone clarify?

Thanks!

· Registered
31 Posts
You can't tell since the traction control is so obtrusive.

Should have been an indicator for when the 4x4 engages. In cold weather due to Traction controls on recent editions seems to engage all the time as well, not just when slippage occurs. Have seen threads on this....and also in relation to mileage drop in cold weather

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
429 Posts
As long as the vehicle moves in the direction I want, I don't care what mode it is in. I don't need an indicator or want one.

As far as the reduced mileage in cold weather, I wonder how much of that is due to remote starting and/or letting the car warm up.

· Registered
31 Posts
As long as the vehicle moves in the direction I want, I don't care what mode it is in. I don't need an indicator or want one.

As far as the reduced mileage in cold weather, I wonder how much of that is due to remote starting and/or letting the car warm up.

That's is true....

Not clear on mileage. Some have blamed it on the flashing done during service visits. Lots of threads about it. Who knows. Might even be the winter gas formulas with higher ethanol.

I do not care too much either, as my prior 4x4 was 4x4 all the time...and I get at least 5 mpg more with my TH, worst case, so does not bother me. Would just be curiously of interest to be able to check 4x4 and 4x2 if interested to check. The vehicle has so many electronics and just seems an oversight....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.