Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Jeep Renegade Latitude 4x4
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did look back through some of the old posts and got a bit of an idea but I wanted to see if this would be feasible to do. I've got a '19 Latitude just came out of the factory warranty period but I do still have the extended warranty so I'm more prone to do some things to it now. I doubt I'll ever have this trying to do a Badge of Honor trail or even a recreational trail but I would like to have at least one good recovery hook. I see there's not really anywhere underneath to pull on in case you ever do get stuck anywhere, whether it be on a trail or off the side of the road. I see the factory Trailhawk's rear hook's bolts go vertical instead of horizontal. So do they screw somewhere into the steel bumper beam or the reinforced area of the body? I know you can add the factory hitch but it's up there in price. What parts do I need or is possible to just do the Trailhawk bumper beam and the hook? Would you have to get a new rear fascia or just cut out the plastic for the hook to pass through? I've got the factory manual from Mopar and it doesn't even mention the tow hooks at all anywhere in the manual or the skid plates.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I did look back through some of the old posts and got a bit of an idea but I wanted to see if this would be feasible to do. I've got a '19 Latitude just came out of the factory warranty period but I do still have the extended warranty so I'm more prone to do some things to it now. I doubt I'll ever have this trying to do a Badge of Honor trail or even a recreational trail but I would like to have at least one good recovery hook. I see there's not really anywhere underneath to pull on in case you ever do get stuck anywhere, whether it be on a trail or off the side of the road. I see the factory Trailhawk's rear hook's bolts go vertical instead of horizontal. So do they screw somewhere into the steel bumper beam or the reinforced area of the body? I know you can add the factory hitch but it's up there in price. What parts do I need or is possible to just do the Trailhawk bumper beam and the hook? Would you have to get a new rear fascia or just cut out the plastic for the hook to pass through? I've got the factory manual from Mopar and it doesn't even mention the tow hooks at all anywhere in the manual or the skid plates.
I was wondering about this myself. I am considering installing a Reese hitch it would work as a tow hook and obviously I would also be able to tow a boat or trailer.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've only known of the factory hitch allowing for the addition of the factory tow hook. However, it must have gone way up on price even before everything started to go up. I priced out everything needed and it was over $700 maybe even more now. I was wondering would it be easier just to add the Trailhawk beam and get a good used hook. I'm not sure though because there's not a lot out there about taking these apart yet. Even the factory service manual isn't complete.

·
Registered
2021 Trailhawk
40 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks to be more trouble than it's worth doing. Looks like if you didn't opt for the Trailhawk by the time you end up doing all this to front and rear you could have had a Trailhawk. Discouraging that it's not more adaptable to improvement upgrades without spending a good chunk of money. If for some reason someone was to get stuck off road in one of these even unintentionally I'm not even sure there's a solid point that you could get a hook or rope on without tearing the vehicle apart. Unless you have the factory tow hooks. I go off on a few unpaved roads and dirt trails but I usually don't go on an all terrain trail just to try it out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts