Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2019 Renny Trailhawk with stock 215/65/17 Falken wildpeak tires. I'm currently having a Rocky Ridge 2" lift kit installed with 1.5" concentric wheel spacers all the way around.
I'm dealing with two shops for tires that are giving me conflicting information. I was told by one shop I could go with a 235/70/17 and the other shop said I would have to go with a 235/65/17.
Does anyone have any first hand experience with a setup that works? I don't want to have to change wheels and ideally I need an all terrain/street tire.
All help appreciated

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Hi and welcome.

There are a couple of guys in here that know just about everything there is to know about the tyre sizes. Unfortunately I am not one of them but if you are interested in some short, light reading that could answer your questions then simply click on the red link as it shows some previous forum posts relating to tyre sizes:

Click here for tyre sizes

·
Registered
9 Posts
The Wildpeak's suck if you plan on doing much off-roading, as well as they don't last long. I've run 235 /60 R17 COOPER DISCOVERER AT3 4S tires, after replacing the Wildpeak's & loved the Cooper's!!! The 235 /60 R17's will fit without any modifications to your vehicle.

I replaced my tires two days ago, with OEM size Toyo Open Country's from America's Tire Store (Discount Tire depending on part of USA), as the price point was much better than the Cooper's at the time. I upsized my 2017 Trailhawk tires, as Wildpeak's were the best off-road tire in the OEM size at the time. Now more manufacturers are making off-road tires in the OEM size vs what I found for the 235 /60 R17. The Toyo Open Country's had a more aggressive tread than the Cooper's, but not by much. If the Toyo's don't wear as long as the Cooper's, I'm going back to Cooper, as they've done well on the rocky Sierra Nevada trails I travel on.

TOYO OPEN COUNTRY A/T III 215 /65 R17 103T XL BSW
COOPER DISCOVERER AT3 4S 215 /65 R17 99T SL OWL
COOPER DISCOVERER AT3 4S 235 /60 R17 102T SL OWL

Also, flip your spare tire over as it will create space for storing some of your off-road equipment i.e. tree saver, tow-strap, tow-chain, gloves, jumper cables, etc...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The Wildpeak's suck if you plan on doing much off-roading, as well as they don't last long. I've run 235 /60 R17 COOPER DISCOVERER AT3 4S tires, after replacing the Wildpeak's & loved the Cooper's!!! The 235 /60 R17's will fit without any modifications to your vehicle.

I replaced my tires two days ago, with OEM size Toyo Open Country's from America's Tire Store (Discount Tire depending on part of USA), as the price point was much better than the Cooper's at the time. I upsized my 2017 Trailhawk tires, as Wildpeak's were the best off-road tire in the OEM size at the time. Now more manufacturers are making off-road tires in the OEM size vs what I found for the 235 /60 R17. The Toyo Open Country's had a more aggressive tread than the Cooper's, but not by much. If the Toyo's don't wear as long as the Cooper's, I'm going back to Cooper, as they've done well on the rocky Sierra Nevada trails I travel on.

TOYO OPEN COUNTRY A/T III 215 /65 R17 103T XL BSW
COOPER DISCOVERER AT3 4S 215 /65 R17 99T SL OWL
COOPER DISCOVERER AT3 4S 235 /60 R17 102T SL OWL

Also, flip your spare tire over as it will create space for storing some of your off-road equipment i.e. tree saver, tow-strap, tow-chain, gloves, jumper cables, etc...
Thanks for the information, much appreciated.
So I went with the wildpeak all terrain 235/65/17 with the 2" lift and 1.5" spacers lt looks and rides great. The all terrain tires are much more capable than the stock wildpeak ht's.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks for the information, much appreciated.
So I went with the wildpeak all terrain 235/65/17 with the 2" lift and 1.5" spacers lt looks and rides great. The all terrain tires are much more capable than the stock wildpeak ht's.
Make sure to add a photo once you have managed to install your new set of tires.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts