Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you who've received your Renegades, what would you insist the dealer check (or check yourself) before accepting delivery?

Tim

·
Registered
22 Posts
Look underneath, mine had a fair amount of damage to the front facia, that couldn't be seen unless you looked underneath, it also had the entire lower plastic shield underneath the engine gone as well. After arguing with the dealer they agreed to fix it even after I discovered it 4 days after delivery. Having a very clear date stamped picture of the side helped in stating my case as you could see in the pic misaligned plastic fender panels. Got lucky. Took them about 4 hours labor to change out the new stuff. whew!

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Check the air pressure. They apparently come from the factory with the tires filled to the maximum pressure (over 40 psi). I had to air mine down quite a bit.

My Challenger tires were filled to over 50 psi.

·
Registered
378 Posts
yBefore accepting deliver check the following.

1. Take the car for a ride and note any unusual sounds or ride problems
2. Make sure car is clean inside and out
3. Manuals should be provided
4. Check window sticker to make sure all optional equipment is there
5. Check tire pressure and other fluid levels
6. Full tank of gas

·
Premium Member
3,154 Posts
Check the air pressure. They apparently come from the factory with the tires filled to the maximum pressure (over 40 psi). I had to air mine down quite a bit.

My Challenger tires were filled to over 50 psi.
This is why new vehicles have a Pre Delivery Inspection carried out, so things like this are corrected before the customer gets handed their vehicle. Obviously there are some inept monkeys* carrying out a PDI, which is why some checks are not carried out.

*No offence intended to any primate:D

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I forgot to ask in my first post whether forum members would consider it unreasonable to ask the dealer to put it on a hoist to inspect the underside in general as well as confirm all the holes were plugged that should be.

Also, is it standard to be offered the first four oil changes free or is that a dealer choice thing?

Tim

·
Registered
104 Posts
I forgot to ask in my first post whether forum members would consider it unreasonable to ask the dealer to put it on a hoist to inspect the underside in general as well as confirm all the holes were plugged that should be.

Also, is it standard to be offered the first four oil changes free or is that a dealer choice thing?

Tim
I did the typical car rental lookover when I picked up mine. Made sure everything turned on / off, open / closed, etc as one would expect on a new car. The oil changes would be a dealer choice thing.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts

Tim

Is the oil change not part of the annual service?

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
. . . is it standard to be offered the first four oil changes free or is that a dealer choice thing?

Tim
My dealer offered my one free oil change. But I did it myself anyway.

·
Registered
22 Posts

Tim

I wouldn't be unreasonable to ask the dealer anything, all they can do is say no. Most salesman will usually always try their best to honor customer's request so go for it. Oil changes are dealer thing so it varies, again, ask, couldn't hurt.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.