Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yooo,

I've had my renegade trail hawk for a little over a week now. I love it. - I took it out in an over grown field today that turned into a bit deeper mud than I had thought. While I was working my way through it, I continued to hear a noise that sounded like my tires were rubbing against the wheel wells. Does that happen? I was turning my wheels side to side while trying to move back and forth. I made it out of the mud. Was a great time, but the noise made me nervous...

tl;dr
My wheels sound like they're rubbing the wheel wells while mudding. Does that happen to anyone else?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Do you ever hear it on the street if you do see post on noise ~30 mph. Its a thing and you can feel it in the gas peddle. I get it myself between 30 and 40 think fix incoming. Rear dif module replacement or something to that effect.

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Are you sure that you didn't have caked on mud in the wheel well that caused the rubbing? The stock tires shouldn't rub unless you have an inner fender liner coming loose.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Mud filled in between the gap of the tire and wheel well?
Or like what Rammer said about traction control.

Don't turn off the traction control when your peddling through mud. Let it do what it needs to do to help you through it.
The traction control will clamp the brakes onto whatever wheel that does not have traction to transfer the power to a wheel that has traction. If you turn the traction control off, the wheels spin and you go no where.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.