·
Super Moderator
3,352 Posts
and enjoy the forum!
Search is your friend!

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
My Mechanic was telling me that in the UK there are some issues with wheel alignment when using spacers.

Would that not pertain to all Jeep users with spacers regardless of country?

I know that you guys who are always working on your "Trucks" will understand this but I don't, "aftermarket wheels with desired offset, plus wider tires," instead of spacers.

Please explain that for me :unsure:

I am reading the old posts and it still makes no sense. Rub prevention of the wheel arch is simple enough to understand with a tyre width of say 265mm as opposed to 215mm but offsets etc is still rather confusing.

Inserting a 1" spacer moves the centre of the width for want of a better phrase (if I am correct) and that allows an extra 2" (50mm) tyre width without rubbing.

here was me thinking that spacers were to make the Jeep look even "cooler" :cool::cool::cool: with wheels that extend beyond the wheel arch with standard tyres. :cry:

·
Premium Member
1,076 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
I've been running the original renegade ready 25mm spacers for almost 100k miles. no problems other than i destroyed the rears trying to get them off to do brakes :( and i can't find the OG spacers from that company so i guess ill have to get a set from someplace else.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts