Jeep Renegade Forum banner
61 - 80 of 211 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Trailhawk
404 Posts
Anyone know if these will fit on the Renegade Trailhawk?
I'm waiting for some Yokohama Geolandar A/T-S tires in the same size to replace the stock tires on my Trailhawk. Tire guy said they'd fit. Hope so.

·
Registered
2015 Trailhawk
404 Posts
Still waiting for my stupid tires. Ordered them around the first of the month, and they were supposed to take a couple of days to be shipped to my local Belle Tire store. About ready to go to another tire store.

·
Registered
2015 Trailhawk
404 Posts
Tires being installed as we speak - pics and impressions forthcoming!

·
Registered
2015 Trailhawk
404 Posts
Yokohama Geolandar A/T-S 225/65/R17 on my Trailhawk.

They seem to fit without rubbing. No major change in road noise of ride quality.

Attachments

·
Registered
35 Posts
Looks really good! Does your car have the stock suspension?

Do you think 225 70 R17 will fit with a 1" lift kit? I think so, if your tires fit perfectly with the stock suspension.

·
Registered
2015 Trailhawk
404 Posts
Looks really good! Does your car have the stock suspension?

Do you think 225 70 R17 will fit with a 1" lift kit? I think so, if your tires fit perfectly with the stock suspension.
Yep, stock suspension. I'm affraid I don't know much about spacers and lift kits. Hopefully someone with knowledge of those thongs can help you out.

·
Registered
2015 Trailhawk
404 Posts
That looks good. Any noticeable change in acceleration or the MPG on the display?
Tire guy told me when the speedometer says I'm going 60, I'll actually be going 61.1. Haven't really driven on them long enough to say how fuel economy is affected.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Tire guy told me when the speedometer says I'm going 60, I'll actually be going 61.1. Haven't really driven on them long enough to say how fuel economy is affected.
Yeah, speedo will be 1.8% off, so you are actually going 1.8% faster than what it says with that size. I am really tempted to go buy some, im curious to see if you notice any impact on fuel economy though. My fuel economy has been pretty bad, I dont want it to get any worse.

·
Premium Member
916 Posts
What about road noise (mainly highway)? They look good btw.

TS

Reactions: Hypocrite

·
Registered
60 Posts
This thread is amazing. Great stuff!!

I assume this will be even harder with a limited (which I have) sport and lattitude as they are lower. Correct? I'd need a 1-2" lift kit before playing around with steelies and wheels?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Trailhawks are only 0.3 inches higher than other 4x4 Renegades and have the exact same suspention movement. I'm planning on upgrading my (or soon to be my) latitude to 225/70-16's which run the same or just slightly taller than a trailhawk's 215/65-17's (28" in diameter vs. Latitude/sport/limited 27"). I'm most likely going with Hankook Dyna Pro ATM RF10's which come in at 28.4" inches in a 225/70-16. This should get me within 0.1" of a trailhawk's stature with a tiny bit less wheel-fender gap.

-Jason

·
Registered
76 Posts
How about the tire monitoring system any issues? Also looking pretty slick as was looking for a good AT that is good onroad and offroad.

Reactions: Hypocrite

·
Registered
2015 Trailhawk
404 Posts
How about the tire monitoring system any issues? Also looking pretty slick as was looking for a good AT that is good onroad and offroad.
No issues. I believe the sensors are connected to the valve stems, and they just kept the original ones on the new tires.

Reactions: smithk1944

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #80 ·
Tire pressure monitoring system will still work if you swap them from the stock wheels. I'm using my mud tires as a second set so I didn't swap the sensors. I'm not sure if a second set of sensor will work without programming.

With the mud tires on without sensors, I get a warning low pressure on the dash when I start the car and the small warning light stays on. I wish I could deactivate the system.

61 - 80 of 211 Posts