When or if to to buy a Renegade?

• No thanks, I'm just looking

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This poll is for those like me who are thinking about buying a Renegade but have not as of yet.

Everyone has their only time frame for buying or reasons to wait:

Just got married, Just had a baby, Still saving up down payment, Concerned about the reported bugs, Live in remote Alaska or something else.

What is yours? Mine is still saving up down payment

For those of you who already own a Renegade you can chime in here:
http://www.jeeprenegadeforum.com/fo...ck-area/17017-show-hands-counting-owners.html

·
Premium Member
916 Posts
If I could, I would buy it now, but with a home improvement loan being taken care of I want to get that paid off first, increase my credit (so i can get a better loan) and save a bit more for a bigger down payment. So in all honesty I see my self getting a late 2016 or 2017 at this point. (Unless I hit the lottery or am forced if this current vehicle dies on me) lol

TS

·
Registered
9 Posts
I trying my best to hold off for 2016, mostly because I'm hoping they'll add some new colors or maybe they'll let us add more options to the manual.
So far, I haven't been too tempted as there's a lack of stock for the configuration I'm looking for (4x4, manual with power mysky) but I'm not sure I'd be strong enough to resist if I come across one.

I went to dealership today, we were still able to build a 2015 on the configurator. There was no option to build a 2016. The inventory guy thought that meant we are still many months away from any 2016, as he said it will usually go live about 2 months prior to the models arriving. We'll see....

·
Registered
3 Posts
Either you or the forum should offer some kind of multiple choice. I'm both waiting for bugs to be fixed and saving money. I have enough for a comfortable down payment and can easily afford it, but I also want to make sure I'm not buying a piece of ****.

·
Premium Member
916 Posts
I actually feel that the 4th choice shouldn't even be up there. Every brand/model will not be 100% bug free as much as one hope for it to be.

TS out (getting bug spray)

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I actually feel that the 4th choice shouldn't even be up there. Every brand/model will not be 100% bug free as much as one hope for it to be.

TS out (getting bug spray)
I never suggested any human made product would be 100% bug free.

It is well known that the second and third model year of most cars gives the manufacture time to fix some of the early bugs thus reducing, not eliminating your chance of problems.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I have ordered...... July 24th 2015, A Solar Yellow Fully loaded Trailhawk. Have put no money down though and it is in D1 status. Dealer says no more info available. I have to admit though, this Forum really worries me about making this purchase, but so glad the forum is here! I love reading all the comments.... The Good, The Bad and the UGLY.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.