Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two days ago we had our first morning frost, jeep wouldn't start. First and only time I've ever had an issue. Got a jump from roadside assistance. We noticed some light corrosion around the negative.
Ordered a battery, arrives tomorrow morning. In 24 hours the battery is smoking and leaking horribly, terrible smell. I have to drive 5 miles tomorrow morning to pick up the battery, kinda nervous. That's if I can get the Renny to start up. Ugh

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
620 Posts
Hope that jump was with a battery pack, not jumper cables to another vehicle. 'Tis a well known fact that these Jeeps crap themselves if jump started the conventional way...

·
Registered
620 Posts
It was a battery pack

I assumed so. You've been on these boards long enough that I knew you knew better. The purpose of my comment was for those new to the board and didn't know better.

Reactions: Murf

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I assumed so. You've been on these boards long enough that I knew you knew better. The purpose of my comment was for those new to the board and didn't know better.
I actually didn't know that, so thank you!

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Jamie I think I am one of the few that got away with a jump start from another vehicle. That was before I joined here and found out all the horror stories so you are not alone in not knowing.:eek:😅

Mudpie, people are taking it all in at last. (y)

Now then Jamie, what type of battey did you opt for :D

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Jamie I think I am one of the few that got away with a jump start from another vehicle. That was before I joined here and found out all the horror stories so you are not alone in not knowing.:eek:

Mudpie, people are taking it all in at last. (y)

Now then Jamie, what type of battey did you opt for :D
The compatible one , I went with the mid grade $$$one. The most expensive was almost $300, that wasn't gonna happen. I paid $150

·
Registered
620 Posts
The compatible one , I went with the mid grade $$$one. The most expensive was almost $300, that wasn't gonna happen. I paid $150

I'm with ya on this one. I recently replaced my battery before it started having tantrums because it's 3 years old and tested "fair" on a load test. I chose an Interstate battery (posted some where on here) simply because I like them and have used them in the past with success. Price was somewhat reasonable, I couldn't justify a Yellow Top or Red Top because, quite frankly, I'm not keeping this Jeep long enough to offset the price of that battery.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Yuasa 9000 70amp AGM I have. That was around £160 at trade price :eek::cry:
Yuasa is the only brand I use in all my motorcycles over the years. It the only motorcycle battery that you can get 2 or more riding seasons out of, all others last one season. I never knew they made a car battery. Makes sense, just never knew....

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
It appears to be one of the more up and coming batteries in the West of Scotland that are readily available but at an expensive price for most people.

The one in my Jeep will start a Transit van. It's aslo the same size in my boat for starting it together with a very slightly smaller amperage one for the comms.That's the benefit of going a little heavier with the new battery. You and I understand that benefit so here's hoping a newer member follows our same path for the Winter (y)(y)(y)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts