Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
The lots are already filling up with 2016 Cherokees. When are the 2016 Renegades coming?
I think this was discussed recently. Some people in Europe are expecting them shortly. US market maybe by December. I have been told Canada will be January. Cherokees are only on the lot because they are made in USA. For those of you wanting one now you may want to consider a 2015 if you can get the color and options you want. The 2015 has a much better warranty than the 2016 model.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think this was discussed recently. Some people in Europe are expecting them shortly. US market maybe by December. I have been told Canada will be January. Cherokees are only on the lot because they are made in USA. For those of you wanting one now you may want to consider a 2015 if you can get the color and options you want. The 2015 has a much better warranty than the 2016 model.

I won't be buying the 2015. Too afraid the tranny will fall out after 3,000 miles. Besides the dealers in California for some perplexing reason don't seem to believe in sunroofs...not'a one.

·
Registered
378 Posts
I won't be buying the 2015. Too afraid the tranny will fall out after 3,000 miles. Besides the dealers in California for some perplexing reason don't seem to believe in sunroofs...not'a one.
The transmissions in the 2016 will be just as reliable. Mechanically they are the same. I thought California would be the sunroof capital of the US. I cannot understand why almost every car would not have a sunroof in California.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Will be interesting to see just how much additional space the trunks of the 2016's will have versus the 2015 models. Wondering if that will be a BIG change or just itty bitty. They certainly should make room for the My Sky panels to fit under the trunk floor so people can load up the trunk with luggage and such.

·
Registered
610 Posts
I have a feeling it's the not dealers that are deciding what they get on their lots. Inventory might be allocated by FCA corporate. Plus, Italy being closer to the east coast, MySky equipped cars probably have not reached the west coast in numbers yet.

Nearly all TH's I've seen in inventory have cold weather package. As bad as dealers are, I don't think CA dealers are stupid enough to specifically order cars with such option. I can't even remember the last "cold" day here in SoCal. Heck, it was 97 degrees while pouring cats and dogs the other day; the ground was bone dry just 30 minutes after the freak thunder storm passed.

·
Registered
378 Posts
I have a feeling it's the not dealers that are deciding what they get on their lots. Inventory might be allocated by FCA corporate. Plus, Italy being closer to the east coast, MySky equipped cars probably have not reached the west coast in numbers yet.

Nearly all TH's I've seen in inventory have cold weather package. As bad as dealers are, I don't think CA dealers are stupid enough to specifically order cars with such option. I can't even remember the last "cold" day here in SoCal. Heck, it was 97 degrees while pouring cats and dogs the other day; the ground was bone dry just 30 minutes after the freak thunder storm passed.
The Trailhawk is not a base model so I would not be surprised that when you see them on a dealer lot they are loaded up. This tends to happen with any new model higher up in price. Maybe they figure if you want a Trailhawk you are prepared to pay and won't care about some extra options. The opposite happens with the base models. I see a lot of Sport models on lots and they don't have any options.

·
Registered
610 Posts
The Trailhawk is not a base model so I would not be surprised that when you see them on a dealer lot they are loaded up. This tends to happen with any new model higher up in price. Maybe they figure if you want a Trailhawk you are prepared to pay and won't care about some extra options. The opposite happens with the base models. I see a lot of Sport models on lots and they don't have any options.

On the contrary. Most THs currently in dealer inventory around here are not laden with options. Most have the cold weather package and nothing else.

·
Registered
11 Posts
On the contrary. Most THs currently in dealer inventory around here are not laden with options. Most have the cold weather package and nothing else.
I have also found this statement to be true. Most dealers in Western Pa have "Plain Jane" Trailhawks. Because of this, I had to order mine back in July

·
Registered
247 Posts
I ordered my Trailhawk Black on Black with a tow package, premium leather, cold weather group, safety and security 1, Premium Nav, Keyless entry and remote start. I didn't need the nine speakers and although My Sky would be nice didn't want a panel that could be damaged once out of the roof or something rattling right above me If the fit wasn't perfect. My dealer found one car that was a close match but wrong color, if I'm spending that kind of money I want to pick the color. I am surprised that the dealers didnt get to pick what they wanted to sell the first time around, especially since Jeep.com lets you computer build the dream car that isnt available. Im right in the middle of the US from every direction, none of the Renegade's I evaluated on the Internet or in person had more than one or two options, I saw none with leather, and everyone knows the story about the tow group option. So the thing to do was place an order, mine went through on 8/17/2015. I am still waiting to hear anything, I expect to recieve a nice Christmas present.

·
Registered
196 Posts
2016 will be the same cars don't change much within a model year if its an issue now it will be an issue next year until they start rolling out fixs don't assume your 2016 wont have issues it don't work that way, being a caddy person and specializing on the northstar v8 cars it took caddy years to finally fix the head gasket issue with larger bolts for the block starting in 2004

·
Registered
196 Posts
I ordered my Trailhawk Black on Black with a tow package, premium leather, cold weather group, safety and security 1, Premium Nav, Keyless entry and remote start. I didn't need the nine speakers and although My Sky would be nice didn't want a panel that could be damaged once out of the roof or something rattling right above me If the fit wasn't perfect. My dealer found one car that was a close match but wrong color, if I'm spending that kind of money I want to pick the color. I am surprised that the dealers didnt get to pick what they wanted to sell the first time around, especially since Jeep.com lets you computer build the dream car that isnt available. Im right in the middle of the US from every direction, none of the Renegade's I evaluated on the Internet or in person had more than one or two options, I saw none with leather, and everyone knows the story about the tow group option. So the thing to do was place an order, mine went through on 8/17/2015. I am still waiting to hear anything, I expect to recieve a nice Christmas present.

cloth looks better on the trail hawk with the moab pattern the leather is just plain

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.