Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my Renegade on May 2nd. Before that the only ones that I saw in my area were at or around dealerships. I've only witnessed one other privately owned Renegade in red Traihawk version, in Kenosha Wisconsin. I am in Chicago. I would have thought I would have seen more at this point. Where is everyone at?

:ReneBlueWave:

·
Registered
953 Posts

·
Registered
831 Posts
They are just sitting around waiting for a software fix. Jeep likes to do this with their new vehicles -- just hold onto them to fix their transmissions. Make everyone wait. It happened with the Cherokee and people liked it so much they decided to do it with the Renegade.

http://www.jeeprenegadeforum.com/fo...-jeep-renegades-held-due-software-issues.html
Survey says people would rather wait for product that functions properly then buy something broken. Companies have been doing it for centuries...

Lets play Triage, which is the path to consumer satisfaction? Hold and fix broken vehicles or sell them broken vehicles and hope no one noticeS? I mean sure its not satisfying to wait, but then look at it this way. Which avenue damages their reputation least, fixing broken product or selling broken product?

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
I have yet to see a single Renegade on the road since I got mine in April. The local dealer has 10 of them, but they are not flying off the lot like I first thought they would.

Reactions: Stellner

·
Registered
121 Posts
Speaking as someone in Utah:

Some of y'all may have noticed, I've been waiting over a MONTH for my Orange Trailhawk, that's been sitting at the Port Of San Diego. As it turns out, there were TWO union strikes down there at the dock--first the workers, then the DRIVERS. Both strikes have been resolved as of the end of April. However, many cars from various companies just sat on ships in the port for a month+. There's now a backup of cars. THEN....Jeep went and announced the software update. Good...HELLinore, people. I was beginning to wonder if it wasn't just my dealership trying to string me along. However, I've spoken to other business, outside of car dealerships, and THEY have also felt the effects of the strike--their supplies are getting low.

At least, on this side of the country, this explains the slowdown in Renegade arrivals. There are 8 dealerships within a 30 minute radius here in the Salt Lake Valley, and at one point, Renegades were flowing in and out daily. Supplies haven't seemed to change much, however, in the past few weeks.

At this point, I'm really BUGGED because...just as I was about to custom order mine to get exactly what I wanted (back on April 14th), another dearlship called and said they had the one at the Port--missing some of the things on my "wish list," but it meant getting 3 months sooner. Or...so I THOUGHT, at the time. And now...MANY of you who placed orders about the same time I did...are cruising right along in the build process. If you get YOURS only a few weeks after I get mine?....... #([email protected]*([email protected](#&)$(!#$()@!$*(#%^(#[email protected]*(#@!*@(

·
Premium Member
916 Posts
Speaking of all these delays, I have a question. I assume all these Renes on hold at docks are coming from Melfi, Italy. But what about the ones from Brazil? Are those made there destined for the states or the Central/South American market?

TS

·
Registered
471 Posts
Speaking of all these delays, I have a question. I assume all these Renes on hold at docks are coming from Melfi, Italy. But what about the ones from Brazil? Are those made there destined for the states or the Central/South American market?

TS
I had read that all the ones out of Brazil would not be making it here & only go to Central/South American countries...

·
Premium Member
916 Posts
What a shame, so close and yet so far. Thanks for the info.

TS

·
Registered
370 Posts
I have yet to see a single Renegade on the road since I got mine in April. The local dealer has 10 of them, but they are not flying off the lot like I first thought they would.
This is a great reason why they should go ahead and start offering incentives. My 2 local dealerships here that have each sold very few of them. So far I have never seen one on the road. As you correctly pointed out they are not flying out the door. I bet lots of folks are waiting for the incentives, for the hitch, for a 6 speed manual, for the missing My Sky AND like me, for a glass roof version.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hi, all I have a six speed manual turbo diesel limited , in white , and it is a great car, great gear change, great engine , and great mpg, no road taxation, in the first year of ownership in the UK and low insurance too, F.A.B.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have seen a total of three Renegade's in South Jersey. Only one was a TH. The latest one was in the parking lot at work this morning. A solar yellow Latitude 4x4 that was purchased in Cherry Hill. We are a large company so it might take be awhile to find out how owns the vehicle.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I haven't seen any here in the metro Atlanta area yet, I've been driving mine since Thursday

·
Premium Member
916 Posts
I saw one today near Laguna Niguel. It had a Hello Kitty sticker too! Thinking about getting one of those stickers for my ride!

-jk
lol where did they have the Hello Kitty sticker on? Hood, Rear, side?

TS

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.