Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm waiting for one month now for a Trailhawk or Lattitude with MySky, Trailer Hitch and Spare tire. So far no one has such cars. I can not get ANY reliable info when those options will be available. Why Chrysler advertise this when such options are not available and NO ONE can answer when we will have them??

It is very frustrating and discouraging...

Andre

·
Registered
499 Posts
I'm waiting for one month now for a Trailhawk or Lattitude with MySky, Trailer Hitch and Spare tire. So far no one has such cars. I can not get ANY reliable info when those options will be available. Why Chrysler advertise this when such options are not available and NO ONE can answer when we will have them??

It is very frustrating and discouraging...

Andre
If you order one, it's up to 16 weeks out. No inbound deliveries currently include MySky or Trailer Hitch. Not sure if any have a full spare tire either.

·
Registered
499 Posts
The Trailhawks all come with full spare tire. I've checked on the ones I've test driven, and there they sit...under the floor...matching black rims, too.
This is true, but OP was also looking for a Latitude, not sure if those come standard with the full matching spare - do they?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Oh yeah...sorry bout that. That Latitudes I've investigated did NOT. Didn't see a temp tire either. I've read on the forum they come with a temp you have to pump up? If so...snag a battery jumper that is precharged. Mine has a tire pump that turns on, as well. Got it at Sam's Club. Has been a life saver on several occasions.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
There are two spare tire options on the Lattitude. One is the temporary spare and the other is a full size with matching wheel.

Note that with a spare tire you lose the ability to lower the cargo floor.

Reactions: evrafter

·
Registered
370 Posts
And you also can't stow the My a Sky panels under the floor when you have a full size spare or a temporary spare. All the more reason to have a glass sunroof, if only Jeep cared to offer that to Americans!

Oh and FYI you can add to this list missing tonneau covers and 1.4 engines with 6 speed manual transmissions. So far no cars in the USA have any of these things, at least as far as I can tell.

·
Premium Member
916 Posts
Much like the Mobile Phone industry I see the car industry is the same. They push out these products and yet accessories are no where in sight. Even though they are listed on the company website. :mad:

It's the crux most enthusiasts have to bare if they want to be the first ones getting the product when it first comes out. The one that really bothers me is the MySky.

TS

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Looks like Jeep put a lot of effort in rolling out the European launch, but kind of bungled the US launch... feels very much premature and not ready for prime time.
I can't find the US on my European map, did you mean the birthplace of Jeep? ;)

·
Registered
54 Posts
I own a jeep renegade latitude and have a factory hitch on order from the dealer which told me wed. of this week I could expect a call to set up appointment for installation, we will see and I will keep you guys abreast of the outcome.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I own a jeep renegade latitude and have a factory hitch on order from the dealer which told me wed. of this week I could expect a call to set up appointment for installation, we will see and I will keep you guys abreast of the outcome.
Any update?

·
Registered
190 Posts
"There are two spare tire options on the Lattitude. One is the temporary spare and the other is a full size with matching wheel."

There must be three, my Lattitude 2.4 FWD came with no spare. It has a compressor that includes a stop leak. I haven't taken it out of the package yet. Most tire shops will not repair a tire that has been repaired with liquid stop leak. I have a slime tire plug pack in the tire compartment for use in case I have a puncture.

I assume the Renegade wheel bolt pattern is a standard 5 bolt pattern that's common in many other cars. I plan to make a list of possible sources and search for a temporary spare in a salvage yard.

Clifton

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
I assume the Renegade wheel bolt pattern is a standard 5 bolt pattern that's common in many other cars. I plan to make a list of possible sources and search for a temporary spare in a salvage yard.
That would have been nice, but unfortunately no. It is a 5x110 bolt pattern. The 2014 plus Cherokee uses it, the new Dart uses it and some older GMs use it, the Malibu, HHR, etc.

Try this:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Jeep-Renega...ep|Model:Renegade&hash=item5d581ec085&vxp=mtr

Or this:
http://www.jeeprenegadeforum.com/fo...n-t-tire-wheel-alternatives-8.html#post144921

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.