Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanna Will Smith the engineer that forgot to design a place for the owner's manual. Where inside are we keeping them?
馃槙

Registered
I agree completely. The glove box, like other storage on the Renegade, is ridiculously tight.

Personally, I dug up a small old zippered leather notebook folder that I had, and keep the other vehicle documents (window sticker, etc.) in the tasteful camo baggie...along with registration and proof of insurance, and repair/service invoices:
Tints and shades Rectangle Bag Fiber Font

Unfortunately, the glove box won't latch closed with the Owner's Manual in the folder, so I have to stash the manual separately. Just as well, since I refer to the manual all the time. Even so, the dam' thing barely latches:
Tire Automotive parking light Wheel Automotive tire Hood

I like your new verb -- to "Will Smith."

Registered
Mine is in the box under the passenger seat cushion
I thought thats where they all go since it was there when I bought my renegade
What model year is your Renegade?

I've heard of Renegades (at least in Europe) having a storage compartment under the passenger seat. Would be nice. But at least my 2021 Trailhawk doesn't have that...

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Download onto your phone, or computer.
Jumping in again... I've done that, and regularly refer to it when on the computer at home. Not always practical when on the road... Good to have a hard copy.
Got it on my computer and it's great while on it from midnight to 6AM. But I need a print copy while I'm out and about or waiting for the wife. Thing is, I'm the only person I know who reads the dang manual. Beyond you guys, obviously.
And its a 2015, no other space for it. Just has to go into the glovebox for now.

Registered
Mine is a 2016 Trailhawk but its RHD so it may be different
No, I think it's an ROW thing, not RHD/LHD thing. I've read of people having that in continental Europe, so LHD.

So how is it you have a RHD Renegade? You've got a U.S. flag on your profile, so you're using a U.S. server. But your username implies maybe you're in Japan? Stationed there with the U.S. military...?

Super Moderator
Mine's got storage under the passenger seat.
As has the Compass Trailhawk I just ordered.
I think it is only on Jeeps with non powered fabric seats.

Fish around behind the passenger seat squab for the webbing pull cord.

Even so manual goes where it has always gone: Glove box.

Registered
Mine's got storage under the passenger seat. ... I think it is only on Jeeps with non powered fabric seats.
I don't think any passenger seats are powered. My 2021 Trailhawk has a powered leather driver's seat, but the passenger seat isn't powered.

Anyone have that feature (storage under the passenger seat cushion) in the U.S. or Canada?

Registered
You know the reference, right? The movie Independence Day?
Atmosphere Light Amber World Lighting

Will Smith played an F-18 pilot who shoots down an alien spacecraft over the California desert, while at the same time being shot down himself... Parachutes to safety; goes over to the crashed alien...
Water Statue Sculpture Wood Art

...beats the crap out of him ("Welcome to Earth!"); then drags him halfway across the desert on his parachute...
Sky Sleeve Travel Happy Mountain

to Area 52 so we could do, um, research on him. Or it.
Eyebrow Sky Cloud Jaw Gesture

Great movie... But I digress...

Registered
No, I think it's an ROW thing, not RHD/LHD thing. I've read of people having that in continental Europe, so LHD.

So how is it you have a RHD Renegade? You've got a U.S. flag on your profile, so you're using a U.S. server. But your username implies maybe you're in Japan? Stationed there with the U.S. military...?
Yes I work for the military in Japan
My trailhak has non powered seats and the zippered thing the manual fits in is way to big to ever fit in the glove box
may be a Japan market thing though as there's more than one book in there to include the service record book.

Registered
No worse than a Tacoma or even a hiliux it actually smaller than a hilux surf (4runner)
I feel sorry for the Wrangler drivers they have it worse but then again I used to drive a 74 Grand Prix here as well

1 - 20 of 33 Posts