Jeep Renegade Forum banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

Registered
2015 Jeep Renegade Trailhawk 2.4L
I appreciate everything about this thread 馃槅

I keep a pdf on my phone but also have my manual hanging in a pouch on my Valkyrie rack. My glove compartment space is too precious for a beefy manual I don't need often.

Registered
in
Mine is 2018 us model and the book fits the glove box. Even in the factory cloth cover.
Yeah, the Owner's Manual does fit in the camo cloth cover, and it all would fits in the glove box.

But that dam' camo cover is too hard to get to, for something I refer to as often as the Owner's Manual or repair/service receipts. Not to mention registration and proof of insurance. That's why those items go in the zippered leather binder I showed in Post #2.

All the other crap that came with the vehicle, that I don't need often, goes in the camo cover.

Registered
Took a chance on this
I wanna Will Smith the engineer that forgot to design a place for the owner's manual. Where inside are we keeping them?
馃槙
The wife took a chance on this glove box accessory (had no reviews at the time, about to leave one now) and now I'm organized for days. The manual sits right on the top shelf, there are 2 cabbies below. I use the bag for something else as the drawstring isn't efficient for me. Installation was a breeze, just watched the video in the photo gallery.

Automotive design Rectangle Motor vehicle Bumper Font

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09DSSBW8M/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Registered
I keep nothing BUT the owners manual in my Jeep. Not only the glove box, but the Jeep. Somebody breaks into my vehicle, they are gonna be mad at the wasted effort. Pop open the glove box; Owners Manual. That's it. No do-dads, charging cables, spare napkins, old receipts, sun glasses, yada-yada. Nothing that has my name or address on it (also removed the radio card with VIN number). Door pockets ? Empty. Center console ? The occasional leftover water bottle. Center console storage ? Garage parking card for work and a tire gauge. Rear cargo area ? One bottle of oil in the net pocket, other side has shop rags and a funnel. Oh, and the rubber Jeep cargo mat. Underneath the cargo floor, tool bag, spare tire, first aid kit, two more bottles of oil. All hidden from view.

Yes, I use charging cables and the like, but I take them inside every day. I live in a nice neighborhood, no vehicle break ins, but if they decide to hit my vehicle, they will walk away disappointed. I drive an all black Latitude with very dark tinted windows so it's hard to see inside during the day, at night it's almost impossible even with a flashlight.

My buddy's Tacoma looks like a well worn junk yard inside. I once dropped a pen between the passenger seat and console, when we parked I reached under the seat to grab it. I pulled out 4-5 fossilized McDonald's French fries, couple packets of ketchup, a freaking drinking straw, empty water bottle, pair of sunglasses and a AAA battery before I got my pen !!

He said, "I kinda understand now why you never eat in your car, I never knew those fries were there.". Yep, I never, ever eat in my car. When I do buy fast food, I put it in the back on the rubber mat until I get home or to where ever I want to eat.

Registered
I keep nothing BUT the owners manual in my Jeep.
So, you do keep stuff other than the Owner's Manual in your Jeep after all? ;) Tire gauge, oil, tools, first aid kit...

And in my case I also keep a jump charger pack in there -- see the various discussions on not jump-starting these vehicles with cables. And some basic offroad recovery equipment.

Yeah, the key is to be disciplined. Keep everything out of sight, and don't keep junk in there. And don't let people eat in there.

I do keep proof on insurance and registration in the leather folder in the glove box. Insurance card has the VIN on it, of course -- but so does the plate under the windshield. Keeping registration in there is a bit of a risk, but I don't want to be caught without it; or my wife if she's driving the vehicle. Colorado (like other states) issues two registration cards; one doesn't have the home address on it.

Um, what radio card with VIN? :unsure: Do I need to dig through the papers again that came in the camo pouch?

Registered
So, you do keep stuff other than the Owner's Manual in your Jeep after all? ;) Tire gauge, oil, tools, first aid kit...

And in my case I also keep a jump charger pack in there -- see the various discussions on not jump-starting these vehicles with cables. And some basic offroad recovery equipment.

Yeah, the key is to be disciplined. Keep everything out of sight, and don't keep junk in there. And don't let people eat in there.

I do keep proof on insurance and registration in the leather folder in the glove box. Insurance card has the VIN on it, of course -- but so does the plate under the windshield. Keeping registration in there is a bit of a risk, but I don't want to be caught without it; or my wife if she's driving the vehicle. Colorado (like other states) issues two registration cards; one doesn't have the home address on it.

Um, what radio card with VIN? :unsure: Do I need to dig through the papers again that came in the camo pouch?
Yeah, ya got me....lol.

I guess it's more accurate to say I keep my vehicles very, very sparse, not a thing in sight and nothing worth stealing. Rummage through all the compartments and you come up with dusty fingers.

I, too, keep a jump pack under my passenger seat.

As far as the card, I guess it depends on the year of your vehicle. My 2017 has a card with a code on it that marries the head unit to the vehicle. Can't just pop the radio out and put it somewhere else without that code. Can't put another factory radio in either without that code. I don't know if that is still in effect...

Registered
I, too, keep a jump pack under my passenger seat.
I think it was you, wasn't it, who recommended that I should keep my jump pack in the main compartment, rather than in the cargo compartment; in case the battery is totally dead making it difficult to get to the cargo compartment? Yeah, I moved my jump pack to under the passenger seat...

My 2017 has a card with a code on it that marries the head unit to the vehicle. Can't just pop the radio out and put it somewhere else without that code. Can't put another factory radio in either without that code. I don't know if that is still in effect...
Yeah, that's like a Volkswagen SAFE code. Not needed if you keep the radio in the same vehicle (even if disconnecting the battery); but necessary if you move the radio to a differnent vehicle.

I've got a Uconnect 4C NAV. Not sure if I got a SAFE code for it anywhere. As much as the system is integrated with my Trailhawk, I'm not sure it would be useful in a different vehicle...

21 - 33 of 33 Posts