Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

This is my first post here and sorry if there's already a thread about this. I did look for one but didn't see anything relevant. Anyway, I'm having a tough time finding somewhere to buy replacement bulbs for my 2015 Renegade, particularly the rear indicator bulb (see image). None of my local garages sell them and say they are "unusual"!?!

The bulb has WY16W written on it. It is all glass and coloured orange. It's the blub that sits in the 'X' shape at the rear.

Any suggestions for online stores, etc? Or are there any users that sell spares?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,774 Posts
Your local people suck!
[ame]https://www.amazon.com/Philips-12396NA-LongerLife-Miniature-Bulb/dp/B0173MK87M/ref=sr_1_2?keywords=12396NA+bulb&linkCode=sl2&linkId=28730ed4b44c10f7c7814dd970ae62f6&qid=1566914770&s=automotive&sr=1-2[/ame]

·
Registered
281 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, they DO suck! The Amazon link you shared seems to be bulbs for the side repeaters, rather than the rear, and it's the rear repeater bulbs I need. Are they the same? Or, can I fit WY5W bulbs where I previously had a WY16W?

Sorry, for sounding clueless.

Me: "You are clueless."

Me: "Oh yeh."

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think @MrFitz is in Europe maybe? WY5W are not bright enough. I found the correct bulb on OSRAM Automotive.
Thanks for this @CRZY4x4. You're right: I am in Europe.

On the link you sent, there wasn't an option to buy, but there was a big old 'contact us' button, which I did!

Waiting to hear back from the supplier.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Thanks for this @CRZY4x4 . You're right: I am in Europe.

On the link you sent, there wasn't an option to buy, but there was a big old 'contact us' button, which I did!

Waiting to hear back from the supplier.

Keep us posted!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ah Well...

So here's the reply I got this morning: -

"thanks for your request.
Unfortunately we are not selling to end consumers directly. Please check local car parts stores."

The contact there is Steffen Fischer at s.fischer @ osram.de, in case anyone needs them directly in future.

I'll keep trying, though it's crazy to think it's so hard a get a replacement bulb!

·
Registered
281 Posts
@MrFitz

Have you looked for a " 921NA " Bulb? It should be the same and a suitable replacement for you.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
1 - 13 of 13 Posts