Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those that take their vehicle onto the beach or sand dunes. I assume you take out air from your tires. But when you leave do you use a tire inflator or go to the nearest gas station to fill the tires back up to their proper psi?

If you use a portable tire inflator, which would you recommend?

TS

·
Registered
36 Posts
For those that take their vehicle onto the beach or sand dunes. I assume you take out air from your tires. But when you leave do you use a tire inflator or go to the nearest gas station to fill the tires back up to their proper psi?

If you use a portable tire inflator, which would you recommend?

TS

When driving on the beach I air down to about 15 PSI and then air back up when leaving the beach. I purchased this air compressor from Amazon:

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0012WHBSO/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1[/ame]

It works pretty well, takes about 15 minutes total to air up all the tires. I plug it into the 12V jack in the trunk and the cord is long enough that it reaches all four tires from that jack.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I'm looking at the Slime ones at Walmart and Autozone. Slime makes a lot of different ones. I'm looking at one around $70 with the light that plugs into the cigarette lighter.

Too many things I want... Waiting for funds and going down the list...

·
Registered
119 Posts
I use a Viair 400P. It's a little expensive, but it works VERY well. I never deflate to less than 20lbs, but it refills each tire in under 90 seconds (to 38 lbs). It does not have a cigarette lighter style plug. It hooks directly to the battery. Plenty of hose to hit all the tires.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.