Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
953 Posts
There have been clips of people driving it though, so who are these people who have been test driving?

Any idea when regular folks will get test drives, or even when the whole media will get test drives?

·
Registered
402 Posts
There have been clips of people driving it though, so who are these people who have been test driving?

Any idea when regular folks will get test drives, or even when the whole media will get test drives?
The people in the videos driving the Renegade are Jeep employees.

Scott

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think most of us were hoping for a January 1st release date but it seems it will be Spring now.

I always tell myself to not buy the first model year. I got burned a little with my '06 RAV4 but if the Renegade is everything we think it will be it is going to be hard to wait.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I think most of us were hoping for a January 1st release date but it seems it will be Spring now.

I always tell myself to not buy the first model year. I got burned a little with my '06 RAV4 but if the Renegade is everything we think it will be it is going to be hard to wait.
I was hoping for a Jan release, too. I'm buying it for the winter, so a Spring 2015 launch doesn't help me...I'll be waiting for winter 2015 if that's the case.

·
Registered
402 Posts

I normally don't buy first year cars but, I bought a 2013 Dodge Dart (Some of the features were removed for the second model year.), it has been flawless expect for a rattle. It was fixed for awhile but, seems to be returning. If I was in the market for a new vehicle when the Renegade launched, I wouldn't think twice about buying a first model year.

Scott

·
Registered
187 Posts
I can`t wait indeed...

But I`m afraid we won`t get it in showrooms here in Montreal before early 2015 and I suspect we will get Trailhawk trims easily available and ready for test.

Same happened with the Cherokee, TH are and still very rare to find in dealers parkings or showrooms here as they are perhaps not casual sellers and they need to be ordered...

So I hope I will be able to sit in a Renegade TH and drive it as soon as Jan 2015 in order to decide if I keep it as a serious option or remove it from my shopping list

Cheers

·
Registered
46 Posts
I really like the Subaru Crosstrek as I mentioned in another post. Reasonably priced, rugged look, AWD, good on gas. All seem to be around the market price of Renegade TH. I believe I will be able to get a better deal on a Subaru than a brand new model vehicle that might sell at MSRP for awhile. Definitely going to at least wait until Renegade prices are announced and possibly wait until I test drive one.

·
Registered
40 Posts
So it's spring 2015 now, wow that is still quite a wait to see one in person.

I signed up for email updates on Jeep.com months ago and have gotten maybe 2 updates telling me nothing new I really need to see MSRP pricing soon!!

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
So it's spring 2015 now, wow that is still quite a wait to see one in person.

I signed up for email updates on Jeep.com months ago and have gotten maybe 2 updates telling me nothing new I really need to see MSRP pricing soon!!
That's one thing i have noticed about car makers, they fail to keep people engaged throughout the process. It's weird, you'd think they at least do little things to keep the hype going until people get to see the vehicle in full.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The Jeep dealers here don't/won't deal. They want full price and I think for the most part they get it. I will test drive there but buy elsewhere.

·
Registered
46 Posts
That's one thing i have noticed about car makers, they fail to keep people engaged throughout the process. It's weird, you'd think they at least do little things to keep the hype going until people get to see the vehicle in full.
Right now them not announcing a price has me looking at other vehicle and possibly even make a purchase before I even see a Renegade.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I completely agree. I have been waiting for a test drive and to make a decision. Jeep Dealers in Poland told me that it would be available for a test drive in September, but no news so far. I am also concerned about the pricing, the dealers told me that it would be cheaper than compass but looking at pricing from Germany, Netherlands and Belgium, I doubt that.

If the top end version (not trail hawk) is more expensive than the base of Cherokee, I would rather go for Cherokee. Even for basic features like Automatic Climate control one has to shelf extra money for Jeep Renegade. If there is no news till September end I might go with Compass North or Kia Sportage.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.