Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you do (US Version), can you answer the question as to whether they come with slush mats or just carpeted ones?

My Trailhawk is slated to arrive (maybe) next week. December in Michigan usually means snow and mess. I'd like to order slush mats and have them on hand if they aren't included in the package.

·
Registered
122 Posts
It just depends how well you negotiate and how much the dealer wants to move the vehicle - I disagree
You're welcome to disagree all you want.

If at any point during "negotiation," you think you have a leg up on them, you're incorrect. They're simply not in the business of giving things away. They're in business to sell cars, and make money. They're professional negotiators.

At one point, when I was buying my Cherokee, my sales person said "You're getting a killer deal on this, I've never seen the sales manager go so low on a vehicle. I guess they'll be giving you incentives off of someone else's vehicle. Glad I'm not them!"

Would you believe this heaping pile of B.S.?

Nothing a car dealership does, or gives, is free. It's all boiled into destination charges, and dealership fees.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Gravitywell

I don't want to disagree, generally speaking I agree with you. However, when you know what the true dealer cost of a vehicle is, take into consideration dealer carrying charges and know what all costs associated with the vehicle are, i.e. transportation, dealer fees, and all options - you can absolutely purchase a fully equipped vehicle from any manufacturer at true cost or even less than cost. I have done it numerous times and did it when I purchased my 2015 Renegade.

You are correct, I do not believe dealer B.S. That is why you research and research then wait until the end of the month to make an offer. If a dealer is behind their sales goals, you would not believe the deal you can receive. I paid OTD 24,100 for a fully equipped 2015 Renegade with My Sky, optional 18 inch wheels, and many other options. The sticker price was well over $27K. It can be done - it just takes patience and an informed consumer.

You also never mention how you are going to purchase the car until you negotiate the best price you can. Otherwise, dealers play games with your trade in value or financing etc. Negotiate the price and keep them guessing how you will pay.

·
Registered
11 Posts
The 2016 trailhawk does come with some nice Rubber mats. They will definitely do the job, but they don't cover the carpeted areas. I bought the mopar set knowing my jeep was on the way. I am happy I made the purchase, not having to care how clean or dirty my boots is a relief.

Also the mopar set have edges which raise up so liquids cannot escape and get soaked up by the carpet. I already spilled a fairly large beverage and laughed it off, even forgot about it until I had time to soak it up with a cloth. The stock ones do not have these raised edges.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
The 2016 trailhawk does come with some nice Rubber mats. They will definitely do the job, but they don't cover the carpeted areas. I bought the mopar set knowing my jeep was on the way. I am happy I made the purchase, not having to care how clean or dirty my boots is a relief.

Also the mopar set have edges which raise up so liquids cannot escape and get soaked up by the carpet. I already spilled a fairly large beverage and laughed it off, even forgot about it until I had time to soak it up with a cloth. The stock ones do not have these raised edges.

There are two different sets of rubber mats?

·
Registered
247 Posts
Now I'm really confused.....

Oldav8tor I am picking up my Renegade Trailhawk today. I will let you know. I had a brief look the other day, it definitely came with slush mats that had the Jeep logo. I don't think they were the ones that fully covered the floors. Don't want to let you down, but it didn't come with a flashlight.
Jeff

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks Jeff,
I saw the flashlight in a 2015 Trailhawk and was not impressed. LED flashlights and battery technology has come a long way and I'm sure I can do better with any number of units that are currently available. Now I just need to figure out what to throw into those storage nets.

As to the rubber mats - it would be nice if they do the job of protecting the carpet from winter's mess. Send a pix when you get a chance.

The last update I got had my Trailhawk arriving at the dealer between the 5th and 11th. I keep waiting for the phone to ring telling me the truck pulled in with a Yellow Trailhawk but so far nothing...... I am soooo ready!

Tim

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Thanks Jeff,
I saw the flashlight in a 2015 Trailhawk and was not impressed. LED flashlights and battery technology has come a long way and I'm sure I can do better with any number of units that are currently available. Now I just need to figure out what to throw into those storage nets.

As to the rubber mats - it would be nice if they do the job of protecting the carpet from winter's mess. Send a pix when you get a chance.

The last update I got had my Trailhawk arriving at the dealer between the 5th and 11th. I keep waiting for the phone to ring telling me the truck pulled in with a Yellow Trailhawk but so far nothing...... I am soooo ready!

Tim
Hopefully tomorrow then:)

·
Registered
247 Posts
Thanks Jeff,

Tim
Tim and all
I just picked up my 2016 Jeep Renegade Trailhawk and drove it home. I had a great salesperson that walked me through the process. Steve at Overland Park Jeep in Overland Park, Kansas. My first impression is that it is a "Big small car." The wind shield is like that of an airplane, it is huge. The 2016 has a lot of power delivered in a smooth ride so far. I came from a Silverado that I drove for 390,000 miles. This is a small truck without the bed. I got the leather seats, cold weather package, tow package, keyless entry and go. The U connect 6.5 is awesome so far, radio, nav, etc. The slush mats dont cover all the carpet but appear to me to be high quality and have a lip. The spare is a full tire with a black steel wheel. The grill is black not like the one pictured on the Jeep.com website for the 2016, but I really like it. I also got the safety and security package and like the blind spot indicator. My overall first impression; is it is amazing. My first new vehicle in 15 years.
Jeff

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Jeff,
I'm happy for you buddy! I'm looking forward to taking delivery of mine but the 11th has passed and no Jeep..... I spoke with my salesman today and he said as far as he can tell it's still parked in Baltimore. The latest "official" estimate of when they'll put it on a truck and ship it is between the 13th and 19th. That is the fourth date I've been given so I have little faith in FCA's ability to follow through. It's beginning to look like a "Renegadeless" xmas around here :-(

Tim

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Latest from Jeep - now they're saying my Trailhawk will arrive between Dec 17th and 23rd. They are quick to point out it is an "estimate, not a promise of delivery..." so well I know :-(

Anybody want to take bets it shows up in January? I sure wish they were building them in Toledo.....

Tim

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.